Original Series Star Trek "Gorn" life-size bust....

HILDEBEAST

Hello,
I haven't posted here in some time but I have an interesting Star Trek project I wanted to share with everyone. Here is a prototype I designed for a toy company for possible licensing. I was fortunate enough to acquire a copy of one of the original "Gorn" Heads from the original Series Star Trek episode "Arena". There were two heads and costumes in that episode. One had bigger teeth and one had smaller teeth among other differences. The original head I acquired had slightly shrunk after being copied and sitting for over 50 years. I had it 3D printed back to it's larger size. It now fits over a persons head again. I took several weeks restoring every bump and bringing it back to it's original glory again. I inlaid 28 individual teeth like the original. I found the same size and style of crystals for the eyes also. The material for the tunic and textile neck swatch does not exist any longer so I had to fabricate and paint to closely match the original.

This is actually the head for a life-size 6'5 Gorn Statue I am designing for a client. If anyone has any questions or comments feel free to contact me direct: hildebeast@verizon.net

DSC00677.JPG The gray head is the original copy and the brown head is the restored larger clay version.
DSC00695.JPG
DSC01174.JPG Here they are complete.
DSC01170.JPG
send 2.JPG
send 6.JPG
send 5.JPG
send 4.JPG
use 2.JPG
use1.JPG

The material for the Gorn costume doesn't exist any longer. You can't buy it anywhere and it was impossible to have a company weave the same design for an affordable price. If you look at the real costume up-close as I have you'll see it's a woven type material with a lot of silver and mainly gold weaving through it, almost like a rug. I found a red material and painted on the circles which by the way if you look at them are almost the same design every two circles. I then took gold and silver glitter paint and spent some time duplicating the original costume. It's looks pretty accurate even close up.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back