My Tie fighter build 2018

DSC_9023.JPG

Thanks I actually wanted to go nearer to 9 feet but couldn't get the wood length locally past a height of 8ft and due to its width I had to come down to 7ft also for the sake of proportion. I'd estimate 9ft might b roughly half what a real one could be I'd say roughly 18 feet is a real one based on the force awakens tie fighter anyway when the r breaking away with po and finn in it the fighter appears to be roughly 3 times the size of the troopers below with the troopers at a average height of near 6 ft that has to be the ball park 18 feet give or take. I am guessing but can't b far off like. So I'd say my fighter is slightly under half scale sitting at a height of 7 ft but ye that's why I wanted the 9ft wings so I'd have a half scale fighter but it's come out well as it is I'm delighted it still appears big as it still sits above everyone ☺

DSC_9025.JPG
Then I Added some more greeblies to the middle beam and ajoining the cockpit

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9026.JPG
These bits don't seem as big a deal as like the wings and the window piece etc but they do give the fighter a far nicer finish from the front

DSC_9041.JPG
Added a couple small greeblies to underneath the cockpit but instead of putting on a small red greeblie on each one to match the toy I went for a small slowly flashing red light each side instead ☺

DSC_9047.JPG
Also Added a couple small greeblies to the top of the cockpit at front 6 small pieces of wood cut and shaped by hand like the rest and placed and fastened one behind the other going small to big and cut so they fit with the arch of the cockpit also ☺

Last edited:
DSC_9060.JPG
They was ocward to cut to shape and size more than u think but they look good and are better once sprayed slate blue like the rest of it

Last edited:
Agreed with the tie fighter thought the falcon is iconic largely due to han and chewy tho has to be said and the fact its the first ship they and Luke obi wan c3po and r2 all was in to rescue leia so it became famous. But the tie fighter although small is nippy cool looking and sounds epic.

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_9097.JPG
Slightly Lower down angle lol I'm like a big kid

DSC_9241.JPG
I'm one proud dude I have to say less than a year ago I made my first build and here is my 3rd one now ☺.
I had to give my fighter a cuddle lol

DSC_9238.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Well that completes my tie fighter build from mid April to the end of may--early June it took me around 6 weeks to make. I can't weld so I had to work with what I can do and although It could be perfected more of course it could but I'm very happy indeed with how it's turned out ☺

Last edited:
DSC_9231.JPG
I think this will b the last actual picture that I have that I'm gona put up of my tie fighter build there is a article in a local newspaper with me in the picture with my tie fighter which I shall add very soon though. The fighter cost me around £ 200-210 to make the bulk of that cost fell on the whiskey barrel, the wood for the wings and the spray paint they added up to around £145-150 the lights £10 , perspex for the window £20, around 4 different sizes of screws £20 made up the rest of the cost

DSC_9323.JPG
Made it into a local newspaper with my tie fighter build this has happened a few times now. Also on same newspaper page u can see me as boba fett and with fellow friend cosplayers at the cinema premier of han solo. ☺ . My Previous builds like bb8 and speeder bike made it into national newspapers and got me a couple of slots on Scotlands biggest radio station BBC radio one which I spoke to them about all things starwars. The 2nd time on the radio they invited me on to discuss all other films plus a quick chat about the han solo film that came out that day.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back