My Tie fighter build 2018

DSC_8693.JPG
Then I added thin strips down the centre of the cross patterns of the outside of the wing to replicate the toys wing outsides design.
I could have left it but I want to do a good job of it.

I especially love the han solo in carbonite that's cool like what all machinery did u use and how did u make han solo himself

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_8713.JPG
Same again for the other wing there too sure makes it look sharper worth the effort

Attachments

• DSC_8698.JPG
    DSC_8698.JPG
    894.5 KB · Views: 122
DSC_8819.JPG

I purchased these cans of spray paint good stuff and quick drying too.i got the black of course and chose slate blue which is identical to my tie fighter toy ☺.
Until this point all I've used apart from a couple of tiny bits of plastic piping cut in half for rounded little bits of design is just wood and screws. Machine wise I've used a standard black n decker jigsaw a black and decker drill and a black and decker sander and one with that I've used the same size screws really till this point as all the wood has been 12 mm ply till this point.
Well a slight lie there the centre 50p shape thin wood under the thicker one is actually 3mm ply my bad ��
So I used smaller screws for that

I used 3mm ply for these edgings and small screws as the wings have the same colour round the edges facing u as the other design bits do but they are also level on the toy to the rest of the wing which is why I've gone for thin wood to avoid it sticking out ��.
All these little things to think about when making things of this type thats what makes it fun tho ☺

DSC_8746.JPG
Then I was onto the other side again this time to add these thin double beams to each cross section of the inner wing side.
Plenty detailing and design work to do in these wings but they were closer to being done at this point ☺

DSC_8828.JPG
With strip detailing off and sprayed slate blue I then did the centre piece of the wing the same colour

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_8830.JPG
Then sprayed the wing itself black

DSC_8838.JPG
Now with one side of a wing sprayed u can c how the spray paint has brought it to life more its compliments the designs and shape of the wing

DSC_8847.JPG
The other side gets its spray paint done looking good ☺

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_8851.JPG
A closer angle Im glad I put the thin double beams down the cross sections of the wing like the toy has they Stand out and look good with the paint job on top too.
U can cut corners and I do now and then but the more ya try to get all those details on its worth it in the end even tho it takes plenty time for it all.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back