My Tie fighter build 2018

Markas1976

I'm building a tie fighter from scratch with nothing to follow whatsoever except my tie fighter toy.
Hoping to have it built by the end of June or early July this year but we shall see

Last edited:
DSC_7779.JPG
So I began planning a little ordered some wood and tried to get my head into it.
That's the tie fighter im gona follow if possible in this colour also

Last edited:
DSC_7785.JPG
Drew up first shape for centre of the wing on thin wood for this shape and drew round it of course for bit for other wing

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_7786.JPG
And ta da the first inner wing piece was born

DSC_7789.JPG
Then I held them against one of the wings to see what looked like I was quite happy with them

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_7793.JPG
Then I set about cutting out a couple of each size again while had I had a template really a wiser way of course

FB_IMG_1525705367426.jpg
This is an early look at the wings they r slightly longated but so is the tie fighter im working from and they r fine trust me ☺.
They are around 7ft approx in height and will probably be similar in width apart later too.

- - - Updated - - -

FB_IMG_1525705372352.jpg

FB_IMG_1525705377394.jpg
I lined the wings up against my picnic table for effect to get an idea for width apart and how they were looking

- - - Updated - - -

FB_IMG_1525705440839.jpg
A few pieces cut firmly in the measuring, shaping,and cutting phase now

DSC_7803.JPG
Testing out a pole for later for width and positioning of course it isn't bang on centre the pole the picnic table wasn't quite high enough to hold it where I waned I even added a few game covers but still a shade off but u get where I'm trying to go with this

View attachment 815657
Toying with an idea

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_7837.JPG
I think I can make this work the square small hole u see would b facing the sky and I'd make it a tiny bit bigger I can see where I'm going with this I don't know if anyone else can a very long way to go yet ��.

DSC_7854.JPG
OK so I got a couple of cross sections measured cut out sanded and the ends cut to match the ends of wood they meet up against.

DSC_7855.JPG
OK first wings long cross bits done feel like I'm gaining momentum by this point. the 2 shorter across ones to do and that little stage is done for this wing

DSC_7857.JPG
Another angle

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_7863.JPG
OK so got small across sections added that's first full kriss kross onto a wing yay

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_7859.JPG
Another angle again from other end well it's a start eh

Thanks it's early stages I am more advanced than this I'm just filtering pics in day to day that way I can have a more constant flow for a short while at least its coming along fine I think lol. im following a tie fighter toy I have and have little idea of sizes measurements or anything but I trust my judgement and I am confident after my Speeder bike and bb8 builds from last year going into this Jan.
Im mabye 2 and a half to 3weeks into this build just now.

DSC_8644.JPG
Here it is standing up still plenty detail to add

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_8645.JPG
Even this early u feel a sense a sense of motivation seeing the other wing completely plain beside it

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back