My Tie fighter build 2018

DSC_8928.JPG
So I added the first window panel I went for the centre one first and used my centre window frame section to help make the shape of it ☺

Attachments

• DSC_8925.JPG
    DSC_8925.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I used perspex material like plastic glass for the window panes. it's often what display cabinets are made of and u can get a sheet of it from local hardware stores for around £20 for a sheet of mabye 4 ft x 2 ft.

DSC_8930.JPG
I then began adding the smaller panes around the sides 8 of them to do

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_8934.JPG
It's good to show a couple different angles

DSC_8935.JPG
A few more small window panes added only a couple left to do ☺.
Cutting perspex with the jigsaw can be fun as u cut thru it it seems to reform behind u and u almost at times have to recut thru it again haha. Crazy stuff but it can be very handy

I had planned to keep it outside in the garden but I may keep it in my games room where it is now.
Nice quote where is it from I'm sure I have heard it before

DSC_8943.JPG
So that's the window done and the cockpit sat onto a table for getting rough height to see how it looks with the wings etc I have to say I'm very happy with this ���� ☺

Last edited:
Still some details to add to the middle beam and cockpit plus make a little stand for under the cockpit to support it. It's not far away now tho ☺

DSC_8952.JPG
Another scale reminder my near 6 year old daughter standing beside it and she's only half it's height if that she has to be 3 and a half feet tall or so

DSC_8955.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_8987.JPG
Slightly elevated view

- - - Updated - - -

Still not attached yet properly just all lined up for measuring and so on for small bits to add to the middle beam etc.
I'm thinking it can be on display inside my cabin this one due to the heavy cockpit and winds that can come here id feel safer for this one to be inside I think

DSC_9001.JPG
Cut a piece of wood for rear end of cockpit that matches shape on The toy and sprayed it black to look right and attached it on

Thanks for the comments lads appreciate it. No nobody can go inside due to what I've used as the cockpit I mean u could fit a small kid inside I guess if I cut into it proper but it's so thick and strong I struggled to make the holes I did make for the middle beam to go through. There is other things u could do as a cockpit I just don't have the ability or know how right now I'm still very new to building stuff yet and I wanted to make it easier and spend time knocking out many props instead of perfecting just one for ages that's probably part of it too but I had a plan and it's came out very well I think im proud of it it's my new boys toy haha

DSC_9015.JPG
OK so I brought it inside my log cabin work shop--soon to be movie room (hopefully) ��. So I could attach it together properly for the first time long screws were needed around 3.5-4 inch four of them running thru the wings centre and into the middle beam. It looks cool in there with the red cube light beside it true empire look ☺

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back