Has anyone used Cx5

Brickxar

Hey. I am looking into buying some Cx5 sculpting material, but the only person I could find who talks about how good it is was the guy who made it. So, I was wondering if anyone has used it and knows if it is any good. Also, how many pounds should I get to make two 6 to 8 scale figures?

I'v never seen it for sale. Every time I go to his web site it's says put of stock.
You may want to take a look at Monster Clay also.

I use Monster Clay now. It’s really nice, but I will still have some problems with how soft it gets from now and then.

I use Monster Clay now. It’s really nice, but I will still have some problems with how soft it gets from now and then.

I have the medium and hard version of Monster clay. I've seen a trick were someone used a can of compressed air turned upside down to temporally freeze a section of the model they were working on. That's one way of getting a harder surface to work with.

I have the medium and hard version of Monster clay. I've seen a trick were someone used a can of compressed air turned upside down to temporally freeze a section of the model they were working on. That's one way of getting a harder surface to work with.
I only have the medium version. Is the hard version more self supporting than the medium version?

I only have the medium version. Is the hard version more self supporting than the medium version?

I just it depends on the size and what your trying to build. I would say it's a little bit more self supporting.
But I think the hard version was made just to take details better.
if you really want something that is self supporting Aves Epoxy putty or Magic sculpt. That stuff will dry hard as a rock.
You could combine the two. Use Magic sculpt as the core for strength and apply Monster clay on top for finer details.

I just it depends on the size and what your trying to build. I would say it's a little bit more self supporting.
But I think the hard version was made just to take details better.
if you really want something that is self supporting Aves Epoxy putty or Magic sculpt. That stuff will dry hard as a rock.
You could combine the two. Use Magic sculpt as the core for strength and apply Monster clay on top for finer details.
That’s exactly why I’m looking into Cx5. I change the sculpt the whole was through, and being able to do that while having it support itself sounds like a good deal. I might just bite the bullet and buy some.

Yeah, they were even going to put out some 3D printer filament, where you can sculpt on the print and any excess filament could be sent back for recycling into a new roll of filament, but I haven't heard anything about it for months. Would have really liked to try it out.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back