Kryptonite necklace and trunk!

supgreg

Here’s another Superman prop that I’ve been wanting to do for a while that I’ve never seen done before.

Basically, it’s a vintage dome-top steamer trunk that I found online for $100 and spray painted the inside matte black and the outside a “lead” color to replicate the trunk in Luthor’s layer in Superman the movie. I’ve had the light-up kryptonite necklace for a few years now tucked away, and figured this would be the best way to display it. Added some black lava rocks, and it was complete!

Enjoy!

4FAA93CE-96EE-429A-912A-B37A19EB20FF.jpeg6DE1CB62-C278-4EAF-B08A-C6697670DC21.jpegFD0DB4E2-B377-4D64-AFD2-B367362FB9FE.png66C6AF9C-06E9-4E93-929D-0EE819D2B3B8.jpeg9B2ED817-949D-4FB6-959C-03FA1334C4C3.jpeg703EF63C-F929-438A-BC54-83DBEEEC0173.jpeg

very nice. a cool piece of trivia about the trunk used in superman is that it is the same trunk that Obi-Wan takes Anakins Lightsaber out of to give to Luke in A New Hope.

Ah yes, I was just talking with someone about how I think it was used in two movies but couldn’t remember what it was. Thanks for the trivia!

Here’s another Superman prop that I’ve been wanting to do for a while that I’ve never seen done before.

Basically, it’s a vintage dome-top steamer trunk that I found online for $100 and spray painted the inside matte black and the outside a “lead” color to replicate the trunk in Luthor’s layer in Superman the movie. I’ve had the light-up kryptonite necklace for a few years now tucked away, and figured this would be the best way to display it. Added some black lava rocks, and it was complete!

Enjoy!

View attachment 815123View attachment 815122View attachment 815124View attachment 815125View attachment 815126View attachment 815127
is your kryptonite necklace a screen used necklace? Digging around I have been told by a couple people that there were 3 of them made. I own one, a friend owns another and not sure where the third is.

Attachments

• kryptonite chain (2).jpg
    kryptonite chain (2).jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 385
No mine isn’t a screen used piece. So....that’s supposedly a screen used one? Have anymore pictures? What provenance do you have on the piece?

Yeah...not to be jerk or anything but for one, your chain is too short and the rock is too round to be the screen used piece. Letters don’t mean much without a little more provenance than that. Have anymore pictures???

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back