THIS Kicked me right in the Star Wars balls!!

all I see is a black box... come to think of it for the last week or so all ive been seeing is a black box when people post video's.... :confused

BAM! Right in the Star Wars feels!

One thing they really got right in TLJ was Yoda's appearance. It's the first time since the OT that he's looked right! I mean, dudes here on the RPF can get it right, but nobody since ROTJ could?

Not everyone hated TLJ. I liked very much. Sure, it wasn't without it's problems ( Luke milking that creature was way over the top) but overall I didn't mind it.

I have to say I cracked up laughing at Luke milking the creature, then drinking the milk and the way he look at Rey.

I honestly don't want to get into it, as it's been talked to death and just depressing, but I feel the problems with TLJ are just carried over and amplified from TFA.

I saw and respected what Rian Johnson was trying to do by deviating as far away as he could from the previous movie but... it just failed. By throwing out the baby with the bathwater (not that I thought there was much to begin with), and trying to take the characters someplace else, to keep it short, it feels all so empty because things are now undefined and things feel unearned. Some story elements were unavoidable and some I understood why they were done, but things like character motivations were murky, and there isn't an emotional through-line to support a movie who's narrative is a stitching of climaxes. Much of it stemming from the fact there isn't some coherent foundation to tie these films together, either thematically or through its characters. It leaves the next movie, much like the last on did, with really nowhere to go.

As I said to a friend, while I saw and respected what was trying to be done, I think it's a shame that these decisions weren't all that well executed and the next movie will undoubtedly be a return to what the first movie was: a creatively bereft, sloppy homage/best-of to the OT... now with a cameo of Hayden Christensen's force ghost to "tie all the films together."

This honestly restored my faith in Star Wars. THIS should've been 98% of the The Last Jedi....

Why did it restore your faith in Star Wars, Jedifyfe? Presumably you're saying your faith in Disney making good Star Wars films had been destroyed (or heavily damaged), after you watched TLJ. I'm also assuming your faith in the OT (or at least ANH and ESB) has never wavered. So then how does this 8-minute fan montage/edit have any effect whatsoever on your faith that Star Wars films Disney will offer us in the future will be good?

Your first sentence and second sentence do not make sense together. You say, "THIS should've been 98% of The Last Jedi". But it wasn't. The movie sucked. So how the heck can a fan edit--which uses footage from OT, PT and Disney episodes--restore your faith that Disney will make good Star Wars film in the future?

The Wook

BAM! Right in the Star Wars feels!

One thing they really got right in TLJ was Yoda's appearance. It's the first time since the OT that he's looked right! I mean, dudes here on the RPF can get it right, but nobody since ROTJ could?

No they didn't. They got it very wrong. Had access to the orignal molds, the pull looked great but the final Product looks bloated and really messed up.

:( Shows what I know :D

Still, looks better than PT Yoda, amirite?

9cb2efb89898f9d4ef59403eec650a2cfd8c210c.jpgdinosaurs-baby-sinclair-1200x715.jpg

I won't say any more about TLJ...the whole ordeal has disappointed, exhausted, and saddened me to no end. I'm almost embarrassed at the hold it has had on me.

And so, I love that this video is the last "saga" entry for me before I see IX (I will again go in completely cold, and hopefully not bitten again), and it already feels so good to be going in on a positive note, with tears of joy and sentimentality, instead of rage.

Why did it restore your faith in Star Wars, Jedifyfe? Presumably you're saying your faith in Disney making good Star Wars films had been destroyed (or heavily damaged), after you watched TLJ. I'm also assuming your faith in the OT (or at least ANH and ESB) has never wavered. So then how does this 8-minute fan montage/edit have any effect whatsoever on your faith that Star Wars films Disney will offer us in the future will be good?

Your first sentence and second sentence do not make sense together. You say, "THIS should've been 98% of The Last Jedi". But it wasn't. The movie sucked. So how the heck can a fan edit--which uses footage from OT, PT and Disney episodes--restore your faith that Disney will make good Star Wars film in the future?

The Wook

Not going to tell you because you seem to want to debate my feelings on Star Wars. No thanks. Go try to bait someone else dude.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back