BUYER BEWARE - JBOT DECAlS

I'm not trying to be contradictory here, but I had a great interaction with him last year.

I had posted on facebook that I was very unhappy with a certain stock decal on a viper mk 2 of mine. He p.m.'d me and told me that he would like to send me one of his for free.

He did and it looked great.

It's too bad that it's this inconsistent.

Decals are not my area of experience but surely when ordering any kind of custom artwork, the supplier should use some form of visual proof to get customer approval before committing to production.

Decals are not my area of experience but surely when ordering any kind of custom artwork, the supplier should use some form of visual proof to get customer approval before committing to production.

He supplied visual proof when I asked him for a refund and then flipped out when I told him stuff was missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He supplied visual proof when I asked him for a refund and then flipped out when I told him stuff was missing.

A proof (in the design industry sense) is not a photo of the finished product, rather it's a preview for the customer that happens before final artwork is produced.

If the proof is wrong (or incomplete) then the customer specifies changes and a new proof is made, this gives both parties the ability to ensure the job is correct before any printing occurs.

I'm not saying this is your fault, a responsible supplier should have a proofing workflow and understand an artwork job is only any good if it's correct.

I just popped over to his Facebook page- there are a number of screen shots of his communications with you- the weird thing is that they do not make him look that good if that was the intention.
Keep the dispute active until you either get your money or merchandise- it is the only leverage you have in this situation.

Jeeze- he makes my old bi-polar girlfriend look sane and rational- and she only tried to kill me twice...
Lol... I know what you mean about the girlfriend.

I received my decals from JBot today. They look like they are nice quality. Other than the Rebel insignias, no helmet decals were included. I didn’t expect there to be, though.
Took a total of 8 weeks to the day since they were ordered.

I received my decals from JBot today. They look like they are nice quality. Other than the Rebel insignias, no helmet decals were included. I didn’t expect there to be, though.

Glad you had a better experience than me.

Ill never deal with him again.

Btw i finally got my refund through Paypal after several rantings by him claiming that I would lose the Paypal claim.

The odd thing is that over on Starship Modeler there was a discussion about JBot and people were relating totally different experiences with him.
http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=124555&p=1733517&hilit=JBOT#p1733517
I don't pretend to know what his problem is, could be a number of things, but wildly inconsistent behavior sets off alarms in my world. If a third party were to stock his products I would buy without question, but I do not think I will attempt to submit an order directly...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back