Help saving Lady the Lost Engine

robok55

Hi guys, I'm Robert Kozul. Last November, I discovered the original film prop of the Thomas & Friends character "Lady" from the film "Thomas and the Magic Railroad." It is the original on-screen full-size engine prop used in the film, 16 feet long & 6 feet wide! Here is me with the prop when I found it, with a little highlight reel of her before and after filming.

29565154_15251997790_r.jpeg

My father & I are running a GoFundMe campaign to try and find a new, permanent home for Lady, with hopes of later restoring her. Any help is appreciated, from sharing the campaign with family & friends to donations to help with her move.

We are currently trying to get in contact with Mattel, the toy company with ownership of Lady's trademarks & copyrights, to see if we can get permission to display her within a museum. From what my father & I researched, we believe that if she is placed within a nonprofit museum/organization/other, said display would fall under fair use. Any advice on the subject of copyrights/displays are greatly appreciated.

Wow. I've seen this film a hundred days because of my son.

What's the history of it since the film?

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Well thomp, the prop has has a crazy life since after the movie. She was brought from New York to LA for the film's premiere, then the studio abandoned her & took parts like the face & lamps, and the person in charge of moving her became her owner. He repainted her in Xmas colors & rented her out for family & friends. Here's what she looked like a few Christmases ago:
LadyXmas.JPG

I always thought Pete Fonda looked like he was forced into his role. He's miserable even when she gets her special coal

Very cool project but a real shame what's become of her

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back