Efx vs bandi perfect grade falcon model

mwells

I am wanting to purchase a falcon. I am debating between the new efx falcon and the bandi perfect grade model. What are the pros and cons to each of these? What do you guys recommend? Which is more accurate etc? Please help me decide.

EFX vs Perfect Grade
smaller vs larger
metal vs plastic
finished vs kit to build/paint
less accurate, less detail vs more accurate, more detail
lights up vs ?? (Don’t think the Bandai lights up, maybe can be modded.)

I’m planning on getting a perfect grade finished by somebody who knows what they’re doing (that wouldn’t be me.) I think with even an average paint job, the Perfect Grade looks way nicer. More money though ( if you pay to have it built/painted.)

The Bandai PG Falcon is an impeccably detailed, high-quality, plastic model kit. It replicates virtually every part of the original 1977 five foot Falcon. It takes time and a bit of skill to assemble, and must be painted.

The EFX product, which I've only seen in photos, is a commercially painted finished product that replicates the 32" Falcon from 1980's ESB. It's not a kit, seems to have vastly less surface detail, and seems to have a rather contrasty heavy-handed paint job. But maybe that's not fair of me to judge it, since photos may be misleading.

Nonetheless they're very different products with different markets.

Last edited:
Awesome! I think I have some options for someone to build the kit for me. And amazing had the bandi kit on sale today so I ordered. Ty for all of your input!

How much is the unlit version? I would like to ask my local hobby shop to order one of it's not a crazy price.

The mfg suggested retail prices are $396 for the all in version and $346 for the standard version. Buyer beware, the standard version does not come with decals, only stickers.

You won't regret your purchase of the Bandai Perfect Grade Falcon Mike. SO much more accurate than the EFX (although the EFX is based on the 32 inch model that ILM built for ESB whereas the Bandai is an incredibly accurate scaled down version of the 4ft diameter ANH ILM model. Here's a side by side comparison of mine (ILM 4ft version on the left, my assembled and painted Bandai Falcon on the right).

144-Falcon-Construction-230418.jpg

Beauty shot of my Bandai Falcon

157-Falcon-Finished.jpg

You won't regret your purchase of the Bandai Perfect Grade Falcon Mike. SO much more accurate than the EFX (although the EFX is based on the 32 inch model that ILM built for ESB whereas the Bandai is an incredibly accurate scaled down version of the 4ft diameter ANH ILM model. Here's a side by side comparison of mine (ILM 4ft version on the left, my assembled and painted Bandai Falcon on the right).

View attachment 815144

Beauty shot of my Bandai Falcon

View attachment 815147

Chris,

who painted your Falcon it looks spectacular!!!!

GFollano

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back