Deadpool Mask Sewing Advice Needed

EvilEmpryss

I'm working on a movie replica Deadpool costume for my teen son's cosplay events this summer. I'm admittedly doing a little wheel reinventing along the way, but I am long on time and short on cash so I have to make instead of buy almost everything.

Anyway, despite being a pretty experienced seamstress, for the life of me I don't recognize the type of seams used on Deadpool's mask (the ones curving up over his head; see the pic). They look like the kind of butt seams used over hidden zippers, but there are obviously no zippers there. I would greatly appreciate any advice the community can give me on constructing those seams.

deadpool mask.jpg

You could either incorporate piping, or if you're lazy like me, find a stretch top-stitching machine and just go along 2mm or so from the seam!

I'm 99% sure there's nothing special about the seams. The fabric is very thin, when you topstich the seams down, and trim off the excess to the stitch line, it's going to naturally pucker like so.

I'm working on a movie replica Deadpool costume for my teen son's cosplay events this summer. I'm admittedly doing a little wheel reinventing along the way, but I am long on time and short on cash so I have to make instead of buy almost everything.

Anyway, despite being a pretty experienced seamstress, for the life of me I don't recognize the type of seams used on Deadpool's mask (the ones curving up over his head; see the pic). They look like the kind of butt seams used over hidden zippers, but there are obviously no zippers there. I would greatly appreciate any advice the community can give me on constructing those seams.

View attachment 814771

How about the bumps around the eyes?? How do you achive that look??

Thanks,
PooMmm

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back