I need help with a post-apocalyptic batman concept suit!

mattgenral001

I am making a post-apocalyptic batman concept costume. I have the main chest and upper body area covered by a leather jacket with a crudely painted on bat-symbol. The pants are just some weathered jeans. I also have a black trench coat to replace a cape.

What I need your help with are some ideas for the belt, the boots, gauntlets, and the cowl.

For the boots, I wanted to have some work boots with a crudely riveted on steel toe.

For the cowl, I thought a modified airsoft mask would do just fine with some riveted on MDF bat ears with some aluminum tape and painted with some plastidip.
The airsoft mask is a skull mask from amazon. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/OUTGEEK-Tact...D=51vYRvXOVPL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=detail

But I would like some ideas for the gauntlets and the belt. I am at a loss.

Thanks in advance and I will post pictures of the work in progress photos.

Here is what I have so far, keep in mind that I change almost everything with time...

First the under-jacket:
20180506_141740.jpg
View attachment 815315
I put some armor on the chest and traps, they were glued and riveted onto the pleather jacket.
20180506_141813.jpg
View attachment 815316
Then the jacket was weathered by cutting up the jacket and putting some red paint to simulate blood before covering most of the cut up with duct tape

Next the overcoat:
20180506_142222.jpg
View attachment 815317
The trench-coat doesn't have anything on it armor wise, but I did weather it by putting on some spray adhesive and covering it up with dirt and smashing it with a shovel (I know, very advanced)
View attachment 815319
Then I cut it up and slapped on duct tape... I am going to sand some dirt off of the coat because it is caked on due to the spray adhesive.

Last edited:
Loving the undershirt/jacket/coat look... big fan of anything post-apocalyptic.

Not sure I would go with that airsoft mask.
I would say that one of Batman's recognizable costume design features is that his mask covers head and eyes, not full face.
But thats just my thoughts.

Great work so far, and looking forward to watching it develop.

Last edited:
Loving the undershirt/jacket/coat look.

Not sure I would go with that airsoft mask.
I would say that one of Batman's recognizable costume design features is that his mask covers head and eyes, not full face.
But thats just my thoughts.

Loving this so far, and looking forward to watching it develop.
Thank you! Now that I have the mask in hand, I'm not to sure about it either. I have the hybrid dream cowl from ryan eaton. I thought it looked great with the costume, but it felt uncomfortable when it's underneath the trench coat. I just don't know how to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You could go a different direction, rather than a post-apocalyptic character having access to a proper cowl, something more junk-built like the rest of your outfit.

Maybe a pair of dust goggles with some type of Ears / side of head protection fixed to the straps?

Google ---> post-apocalyptic dust goggles
then hit images.

Something like that with a dirty scarf around your neck would look pretty BA

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back