Profiles in History June Hollywood Auction PDF now online

Profiles in History has published their online catalog for their Icons & Legends of Hollywood Auction which consists of over 2,000 lots of many amazing original props, costumes, art, photographs, posters and more from the magic of Hollywood and Entertainment. The auction is being held 4 days, Day 1: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 – 11:00 AM PST, Day 2: Wednesday, June 6, 2016 – 11:00 AM PST, Day 3: Thursday, June 7, 2018 – 11:00 AM PST, and Friday, June 8 – 11:00 AM PST.

FreddyMPC.png

I wonder what percentage of these will be pulled before the auction starts. These guys are borderline scam artists.

In my opinion, the rocketeer helmet is not screen used. Screen used helmets were slush cast resin. None were ever fiberglass. Also, the paint job is way off. I been collecting rocketeer props for over ten years and owned several production helmets and prototype helmet. That helmet is way off

Is the freddy glove shown in the first post supposed to be screen used? I have to go check their catalog now. Ive been on the hunt for years for a real freddy glove with good provenance. If it is real, i am prepared to own it lol

A lot of stuff is from Planet Hollywood. The 90210 Porsche as well as the Sylvester Stallone from Demolition Man were on display from two different places. The Porsche was in Myrtle Beach and Sly was in Vegas for years.

Well the one thing I truly wanted has already been bid up before the auction has started so I am out. I was planning to bid on the skateboard from Gleaming the Cube. But with the board itself being worth 700-1000 WITHOUT film providence I was hoping to get lucky. But obviously other people are aware of the significance of the piece.
Still curious as to why it doesn't match the one in the film or the promotional shots. Unless it was a stunt board.

Well the one thing I truly wanted has already been bid up before the auction has started so I am out. I was planning to bid on the skateboard from Gleaming the Cube. But with the board itself being worth 700-1000 WITHOUT film providence I was hoping to get lucky. But obviously other people are aware of the significance of the piece.
Still curious as to why it doesn't match the one in the film or the promotional shots. Unless it was a stunt board.

Great movie! I don't know anything about the boards, but I'd be very cautious. A lot of these items are not what they say they are.

Yeah I was hesitant anyway to be honest. It wouldnt be super hard to replicate that board. The board that is up for auction doesnt have the large scratch down the center of the skull and is missing some writing on the tail that was on the original in the promo shots and on film. Everything else matches up from what I can tell. I was going to try and get it and take it down to Mike Mcgills shop here in socal since he would have been the one to use it.

Can someone explain why their estimates are so far removed from the final prices? I saw something on the auction today have an estimate of $400-$600 sell for $10,000. That is a pretty significant difference.
I hate to say it but the low estimates have turned me off of future auctions with them.

They don't do 'estimates'... I always have to explain this every time PIH does an auction. :)

If you consign an item to them, and tell them you want at least $500 for it, they will make the low estimate $500 (and the high estimate a small increment up). Even if it's Luke's lightsaber from ANH, if you say you will sell it if you only get a bid of $500, the 'estimate' for the prop will be $500-700.
They don't do any research or take anything into consideration as far as the actual value of the item. (Although if you consign something as iconic as an ANH lightsaber, I'm sure they'd advise you to go higher on the minimum... :) )
But their 'estimates' have no basis on what the 'guessed' value of the item actually is, it's simply the lowest amount the SELLER will accept to sell the item. The high number is either a few hundred or few thousand higher.

When reading PIH auction listings, don't think 'estimate', think 'reserve'. That is all that number represents.

They don't do 'estimates'... I always have to explain this every time PIH does an auction. :)

If you consign an item to them, and tell them you want at least $500 for it, they will make the low estimate $500 (and the high estimate a small increment up). Even if it's Luke's lightsaber from ANH, if you say you will sell it if you only get a bid of $500, the 'estimate' for the prop will be $500-700.
They don't do any research or take anything into consideration as far as the actual value of the item. (Although if you consign something as iconic as an ANH lightsaber, I'm sure they'd advise you to go higher on the minimum... :) )
But their 'estimates' have no basis on what the 'guessed' value of the item actually is, it's simply the lowest amount the SELLER will accept to sell the item. The high number is either a few hundred or few thousand higher.

When reading PIH auction listings, don't think 'estimate', think 'reserve'. That is all that number represents.

Ok that makes more sense.

I've only bid in a few auctions and have never won anything yet. But I got lucky today that no one bid against me and picked up the surfboard from BTTF II. Can't wait to pick this up!

Profiles catalog listing.png

The low reserves definitely throw you, though. There were a few items I got excited about, like the Stay Puft Marshmallow hand, and the opening bid shot up thousands over the reserve. Gonna try for one more item tomorrow.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back