Hasbro Falcon New Modification.

CutThumb

Sr Member
Having picked up a Deago Falcon last year I knew I was never going to modify the Hasbro Falcon I bought some years ago, but I thought it was a shame to waste it. Through the winter I've been doing some different stuff to my usual modelling so I decided not to waste the hulls and did this with them instead:

qHzgZdO.jpg

co4HaYv.jpg

P0evhR1.jpg

ZNKqM3s.jpg

70RQk7x.jpg

Hpkgx7N.jpg

The 3D effect is quite pleasing, particularly when there are shadows cast by a stronger light . I'm not certain if I will paint it to look like the original, as it stands in grey primer it looks neat enough for now.

Last edited:
I love that!
Personally I would keep them in Primer- it gives it an abstract yet real feel.

This project reminds me of the ships on the briefing room wall on the Enterprise D (first season)

This is fantastic! And totally gives crappy modelers like myself the hope of actually creating something visually appealing, without trying (and failing) to make something look realistic!

Love this! My vote is for the grey primer as well, looks so awesome! If there were only one thing I would change it would be to cut out the notches around the outer edge plating. I think it would really set it off.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Its good to know it works. Anyone thinking of doing the same its a pretty easy thing to do once you've found the frame. I used Deago guns for better detail, then made landing bay flaps out of regular plastruct sheet. A bit of filling in the screw holes and sanding and the results were fairly smooth. Other than that there wasn't a lot else to do.
Interestingly I did the helmet first, as it came from a pile of reject pieces that a guy sent to me when I bought a tie pilot helmet off him. It wasn't good enough to build as a keeper, but I always had this vision of a messed up ST helmet partially blown out of the sand.I filled the frame with plaster then before it had dried chucked very dry sand on it and brushed it in, using a mist sprayer to help set it. Because it was winter and it took ages to dry it also cracked up rather nicely, which adds to the effect.
I think I will call it:

"Welcome to Tatooine, you'll NEVER leave!"

tjiZHGm.jpg

9Ak8Mwz.jpg
]

0qbcBB5.jpg

I am going to do more, its just with better weather due now I'd like to get some models painted and finished. Its definitely a space saver though.

Last edited:
Very cool. I’ve actually been thinking about the idea of mounting a whole Falcon kit on the wall that way. Sort of an unusual and interesting, not to mention lower footprint, display option. I got to thinking that at the popup exhibition of the sets and puppets used to film Wes Anderson’s Isle of Dogs. They had the crashed plane in a crater model mounted vertically, and lit like a painting. I thought that was a brilliant way to do it.

This is über-cool! Just imagine your guests entering the room and saying, "Where the frak did you get THIS from?" and then you'll say, "It was a toy..!" Seeing their faces would be priceless. I love it! :)

Cutthumb the more I visit this thread and look at that the more I am in love with it. Now that I have the Bandai PG Falcon, I don't think I would take on all the work and headaches of upgrading a regular model or one of these. (I don't have one of these but am always looking). This looks like a commissioned work of art! One thing that would really set it off would be instead of the Storm Trooper helmet (which also looks incredible) would be Han frozen in carbonite :)

I've done something similar with an item I had no use for, not a model but repurposing- I have a lot of old laser discs and they have some really cool cover art. I took the disc and mounted it in a poster display frame with the laser disc cover and it looks like some sort of studio display or like a platinum record award. Again I really love what you did and personally I think this may be a better way to use this toy... at least for me. :)

This is über-cool! Just imagine your guests entering the room and saying, "Where the frak did you get THIS from?" and then you'll say, "It was a toy..!" Seeing their faces would be priceless. I love it! :)

The most common reaction is a slight eye roll and or a comment like " Dear God, MORE STAR WARS STUFF!!!!" or " Hanging it ALL over the walls now!!!!! "

And in total fairness to Hasbro their cool Falcon doesn't look much like a toy which is why it looks so good in a frame.

Last edited:
Cutthumb the more I visit this thread and look at that the more I am in love with it. Now that I have the Bandai PG Falcon, I don't think I would take on all the work and headaches of upgrading a regular model or one of these. (I don't have one of these but am always looking). This looks like a commissioned work of art! One thing that would really set it off would be instead of the Storm Trooper helmet (which also looks incredible) would be Han frozen in carbonite :)

I've done something similar with an item I had no use for, not a model but repurposing- I have a lot of old laser discs and they have some really cool cover art. I took the disc and mounted it in a poster display frame with the laser disc cover and it looks like some sort of studio display or like a platinum record award. Again I really love what you did and personally I think this may be a better way to use this toy... at least for me. :)

I'm kind of hoping that Hasbro bring out a similar version for the New Falcon, so I can stick that in the middle, but I agree a Han In carbonite would look good if I could get one in a reasonable size. Would you put up a photo of your discs so I can get a better idea of how they look please?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back