DarkSide501st Iron Man Armor Pep Question

RichardWoodard

I have searched the threads, and attempted to contact both JFCustom and DarkSide501st - but I still don't have an answer so I am reaching out to everyone.

On this thread https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=148889&highlight=JFCustom's+Foam , JFCustom has put a lot of pep files out for us (much appreciated) and in the initial post, he says that all suits are scaled for a 6 foot guy; and I'm 5'11' so that's perfect.

But I downloaded the pep of DarkSide501st's Iron Man MkVII V 1.0 - and I have printed the files through Pep, I didn't alter them at all, I left them as is - just changed the paper in both the print settings and paper settings to letter, and the lower forearm piece I printed just 'looks' too small.

I could be very wrong, it may just appear small and once put together it'll be fine - but I don't want to do so much work with these pep files only to have a too small build on my hands; lot of wasted time and resources there. Has anyone crafted the MKVII suit from those files and can vouch that they will indeed fit someone 5'11 - 6' without having to change scale? Again, JFCustoms states in bold that all suits are already scaled to fit a 6' guy.

Hey Richard,

I have built the entire mkVII suit and i can say that I have no idea what I changed over the scaling. I have always used THIS tutorial when it came to how to scale and what to scale my models. If you look at my posts, you can see that the sizing didn't come out perfect, but everything (for the most part) fit.

And with the whole wasting your time thing, I had the same mindset when I was younger, but if it does come out incorrectly scaled, think of it as practice so you can get the correct scaled one done faster and better!

EDIT: was gunna update my signature with links to the finished imgur gallery of my mk7, but you cant put links in signatures anymore? Anyway, HERES the gallery

Last edited:
This wouldn't be my first foam build lol; I am very confident in my skill set there. However, in the past the pep files, and templates that I have used have all been scaled correctly, so that's where the hang up is.

Now in the post, JFCustoms has it in bold above the files that ALL files have been scaled to fit someone about 6 feet in height, which is me - so theoretically, it should already be scaled to fit someone my size. BUT when I printed the upper arm template, it just looks "small" and I don't know if it's just me, or if it is, in fact, too small. Makes me nervous in pursuing the project. I mean, I guess I could go ahead and just make the arm and see if it actually fits.. but I won't lie and say I won't be pretty salty if I end up having to redo it. lol

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back