ANH extended Death Star conference room scene

I think that's the first movie use of the word Sith. I know it was in one of the SW scripts, but I don't think it was ever mentioned in a movie until TPM.

Wow! He even had sith back then?! I always thought that was something he made up in the 90s!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't it also on the back of the Topps card?

Actually, the front. I have the full run, so I'll check tonight to see where it appears on the back, as well.

1iVWBDB.png

Hi-five, Marcia.

Yeah, it's clear they had multiple cameras for coverage, but it's also clear that the extra dialogue was...pretty clunky. The delivery as well. I will say that I'm impressed that the guy who played Tagge(?) kept his delivery almost the same as in the final cut, whereas Cushing's delivery is quite different in its pacing and empahsis.

And, of course, hearing "Darth Farmer" is hilarious. I gather that Prowse was pissed he was overdubbed, but...come on dude. What'd you THINK was gonna happen?!

Wow! He even had sith back then?! I always thought that was something he made up in the 90s!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember first hearing it in the '83 "From Star Wars to Jedi" making of documentary that aired on PBS.

"Cosmic Force".

Reminds me of "The Power Cosmic" wielded by Galactus, Silver Surfer, etc.

It's actually really interesting how many concepts (e.g. Whills, Cosmic vs. Living Force) ended up popping up in various media down the road.

Another deleted scene - warning, nsfw F-bomb:

https://vimeo.com/267558846

https://vimeo.com/267558846

I love how Canadian his "Sorry" is.

"Cosmic Force".

Reminds me of "The Power Cosmic" wielded by Galactus, Silver Surfer, etc.

Yeah I'm glad that went into the trash heap! That's right up there with "laser sword". It's almost okay when Anakin says it because he's from some back of the galaxy planet. When Luke (I think, I'm not watching TLJ a second time...) says it, it doesn't make sense.

Yeah I'm glad that went into the trash heap! That's right up there with "laser sword". It's almost okay when Anakin says it because he's from some back of the galaxy planet. When Luke (I think, I'm not watching TLJ a second time...) says it, it doesn't make sense.

Luke is mocking the galactic attitude about him swooping in to save the day as the larger-than-life legend. Got that plain as day at my first viewing. Don't get the confusion there at all.

Luke is mocking the galactic attitude about him swooping in to save the day as the larger-than-life legend. Got that plain as day at my first viewing. Don't get the confusion there at all.

He could've accomplished the same thing by calling it by its actual name: a lightsaber. Having him refer to it as a laser sword was contrived and awkward sounding. It was horrible. The last thing I wanted to think about in that theater was little Ani. And that's exactly the image the term conjured.

The Wook

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back