Blade Runner 2049 Memory Orb Build

Thank you, Al would be easier. You can have the CNC do the work for you and just screw things together. But seriously, I played around with anodizing Al in the past and it is tempting....

Man! This is really a success build all the way through:thumbsup Next step: an all aluminium one:D

Thanks glad that this is appreciated. This is a good way to document what I used. I learned a lot doing this. Never used metal paint before, build anything geared or used an airbrush, so this was so much fun. Still searching for a method to metal paint that will stand up to frequent handling. Looks good but the button tops will show the use quickly. None of the Alclad coatings are really that hard. Will try a pricey 2 component urethane coating that was recommended in the Molotov thread.

Great job!
And thanks a lot for all these details during the built(3d print, painting..)! It's really helpful info for future projects !

Finished for now. The lables were printed on a regular inkjet and covered with Montana Varnish T1010 cut and the sides covered with Molotov chrome.
IMG_1595 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1595.JPG
    IMG_1595.JPG
    507.2 KB · Views: 505
great work man !!! I have this on my build list ever since i saw it on the big screen :)

I was planning of cutting aluminum or stainless steel pipes of different diameters and etching details and printing the two end grips
but that just how im thinking of going about it :lol

Indeed very stocked. He is one of the few who have actually seen the real thing in person.

Last edited:
Why not - go for it if you can machine Al. It is easy to anodize AL in different colors. Etching Al might be hard as it forms an oxide layer readily? The end peace mechanics are not easy as they can be pulled in and out and one can turn quite dramatically.

Last edited:
Do you make the files available for public like the binoculars? Or do you plan selling these I would die to make my own :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

You did an absolutely amazing job on this! I'm floored at the craftsmanship that was put Into this build. reminds me of the RPF of long ago...

Thank you so much. I certainly learned a lot during this build and that is the fun. Also many helped with know how here so this is a great place to discuss projects like this.
You did an absolutely amazing job on this! I'm floored at the craftsmanship that was put Into this build. reminds me of the RPF of long ago...

Reddit would go nuts over this. I really do hope you are able to post your 3D files so we can take a crack at this. Would love to see more of these and what people could do to make them more unique.

Why reddit? Is there a specific group concerned with blade runner? But stay tuned - hopefully soon.

Reddit would go nuts over this. I really do hope you are able to post your 3D files so we can take a crack at this. Would love to see more of these and what people could do to make them more unique.

Propsummit is one of the best BR group I've known (I'm a member for years now, as well as many others here on the RPF;)) I can see you in there with your marvelous prop!!

I checked out that community and it seems very knowledgeable indeed.
Propsummit is one of the best BR group I've known (I'm a member for years now, as well as many others here on the RPF;)) I can see you in there with your marvelous prop!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back