Superman III "Synthetic" Kryptonite Replica

supgreg

Ok, so now I'm going through boxes and trying to figure out displays for my other Superman props, now that I have the costume completed. One that I figured would be easy was this replica of the synthetic Kryptonite that "Gus Gorman" makes in the lab substituting Tar for the "unknown" element. This combination is what turns Superman into "evil" Superman. Found it randomly on the 'Bay about a year ago and jumped on it.

Kryptonite chunk $40
Wood base from Hobby Lobby- $3
Metal display plate $8
Total: $51

I thought about having it light up, but it doesn't light up in the movie, so I'm calling it complete as simple as it is.

Stay tuned for my next display coming next weekend!!!!

superman-synthetic-kryptonite_06.jpgsuperman-synthetic-kryptonite_03.jpgIMG_8961.PNGIMG_8952.jpgIMG_8955.JPGIMG_8954.jpgIMG_8957.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8960.JPG
    IMG_8960.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 367
Last edited:
That's actually pretty neat. And looks mighty damn close to the real thing. If you wanted to make it light up, you could always just set it on one of those LED platforms, would be simple and effective. Im currently working on sculpting a kryptonite meteor chunk, and am going to light it with those flameless flickering tea lights. Nice collection dude!!!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back