Jurassic Park Can Shape

I'll try to run by my local Ulta tomorrow and check this out and report back if no one else does

Cool.

They sell them on Amazon as well.

You can also see if they maybe have the red hombre shaving cream.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad we can't seem to find a can with a white DOME like the Barbasol ones.

I'm going to check my local store to see if they have some cans that fit the description.
I guess 300ml is the right size ?

If ever I can get a cryo rack, I'll know...

Cool.

They sell them on Amazon as well.

You can also see if they maybe have the red hombre shaving cream.

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad we can't seem to find a can with a white DOME like the Barbasol ones.

I'm going to check my local store to see if they have some cans that fit the description.
I guess 300ml is the right size ?

If ever I can get a cryo rack, I'll know...

Okay, well that store is awful! I don't ever want to go back there.

They did not carry the Hombre brand, but I was able to find the American Crew and unfortunately it is not accurate. It's very close, but the dome on the cap is too shallow. It didn't look quite right in the store but I bought it anyway and brought it home and compared to my barbasol and Brut. The Hombre brand does look more accurate, I just can't find anywhere that sells it outside of wholesale online shops.

Attachments

• 20180519_141822.jpg
    20180519_141822.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • 20180519_141759.jpg
    20180519_141759.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
Okay, well that store is awful! I don't ever want to go back there.

They did not carry the Hombre brand, but I was able to find the American Crew and unfortunately it is not accurate. It's very close, but the dome on the cap is too shallow. It didn't look quite right in the store but I bought it anyway and brought it home and compared to my barbasol and Brut. The Hombre brand does look more accurate, I just can't find anywhere that sells it outside of wholesale online shops.

Thanks for going to the store and checking out if it was good or not.

At first glance, the faberge shave cream in your picture seems like a perfect fit for the cryo rack and barbasol label.
Or is it not ?

Thanks for going to the store and checking out if it was good or not.

At first glance, the faberge shave cream in your picture seems like a perfect fit for the cryo rack and barbasol label.
Or is it not ?

It was and it was in great condition, but when I cut the bottom off the can opener got caught and ripped the can. I tried filing it down and smoothing it out, but now it's too short. I still have my vintage barbasol.

It was and it was in great condition, but when I cut the bottom off the can opener got caught and ripped the can. I tried filing it down and smoothing it out, but now it's too short. I still have my vintage barbasol.

So normally if you don't encounter troubles when cutting it with the can opener, it would be fine ?

And all that is under the assumption that I can get the right cryo rack (preferably from Rylo)

I thought I saw one, but it was an old listing,
too bad. :(

I found another one with a white Dome,
it appears white anyway, not 100% sure.

Do you guys think we might finally have a winner or not ?
(no international shipment possible from Amazon.com)

Product Dimensions 2.6 x 2.6 x 7.8 inches

615sexJNW8L._SY679_.jpg

and under $5 too when added on!

Not sure if it's actually white ( the dome ), seems to be in the picture,
but we can only be sure if someone buys it.
I will have to find another solution because that's not available for international shipment.

In the meantime i bought this one :

61L6WrwxbeL._SY355_.jpg

It's not the right shape, but maybe you can straighten it out out somehow,
and then stick the label on it ?
If not, I'll still have the blue top part, needed for when I find the right can.

I found another one with a white Dome,
it appears white anyway, not 100% sure.

Do you guys think we might finally have a winner or not ?
(no international shipment possible from Amazon.com)

Product Dimensions 2.6 x 2.6 x 7.8 inches

View attachment 819444

In studying the picture, it almost looks like a render, or artist sketch. I believe the dome is silver, but the image has been created or modified as far as appearance.

Since the top rim and bottom rim are the same color, it is logical that both are silver instead of both white.

Not sure if it's actually white ( the dome ), seems to be in the picture,
but we can only be sure if someone buys it.
I will have to find another solution because that's not available for international shipment.

In the meantime i bought this one :

View attachment 819651

It's not the right shape, but maybe you can straighten it out out somehow,
and then stick the label on it ?
If not, I'll still have the blue top part, needed for when I find the right can.

That's the one we're trying to replace for a more accurate one. And yes, the blue part is correct and will fit if you make a correct can.

The CRC can label does not appear to be removable. So in the end, I plan to paint not just the dome but also the can itself to prevent any bleed through of the label.
The big positive however is the straight wall and better shape dome than the current Barbasol. And here you see a quick paint test using Satin Bright White. Obviously not a match but looks descent and the paint adheres well.
IMG_3523.JPGIMG_3524.JPG

IMG_1430.JPGIMG_1425.JPG

Working on the principle that utility or mechanical related cans would be silver.....and only personal or food based cans would be the esthetic white top, I took a trip to Safeway. This is the closes can yet, but is still imperfect.

The top is white and the can is the correct diameter, but there is red writing (that would probably come off....suggestions ?) but upon closer examination, the baked enamel white paint is cut with notches going all around the rim. I can sink my fingernail into the notches as they go all the way through the baked white paint to the silver underneath. Very close, but you'd have to fill the cuts somehow which would take away from the overall effect.

View attachment 821118View attachment 821119

Working on the principle that utility or mechanical related cans would be silver.....and only personal or food based cans would be the esthetic white top, I took a trip to Safeway. This is the closes can yet, but is still imperfect.

The top is white and the can is the correct diameter, but there is red writing (that would probably come off....suggestions ?) but upon closer examination, the baked enamel white paint is cut with notches going all around the rim. I can sink my fingernail into the notches as they go all the way through the baked white paint to the silver underneath. Very close, but you'd have to fill the cuts somehow which would take away from the overall effect.

That looks pretty good but the notches are a real bummer. As for the writing, I'm sure acetone would remove it but it may also remove the white as well. Maybe try a gentler solvent like 70% IPA or a sterile alcohol pad?

But the notches seem to be a deal killer.

Oh, hey ! I just noticed that the can I just showed is 6.5 oz !!!! (material weight, not size of can)

So, the previously found "Clover whipped topping" is also 6.5 oz and could therefore be perfect.

Where can we get Clover whipped topping? Anyone?

From their website it looks like it's available at Gelsons, Albertsons, etc... I'll stop by tomorrow and check it out.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back