Jurassic Park Can Shape

What diameter is the right size and how high is the can ? ( without the top part, so in fact how high is the label part ? )

Then I can look in stores here if they maybe have such cans.
Thanks in advance.

s-l1600.jpg

Continuing the theme to think outside the box, I saw these at eBay. It was one of the options that came up searching "canned air". This might be a bit too skinny, but it's hard to tell from the picture.

Is the original old Rylo replica's interior aluminum device sized for an inaccurate modern can diameter, or are the screen-used vintage cans the same diameter as the more modern cans- just that the modern cans have an altered top seam shape/location?

As far as I know, the cans are the same diameter with only the top crimp and dome having changed. Rylo seems very confident that his cryorack is spot-on to the original dimensions.

What diameter is the right size and how high is the can ? ( without the top part, so in fact how high is the label part ? )

Then I can look in stores here if they maybe have such cans.
Thanks in advance.

And since we don't know the diameter and hight, that makes it more difficult to find the right can...

The can diameter on both my real, new Barbasol can as well as the Yardley can is 65.7 mm. The height of the label area on the Yardley is 115.8 mm. The printable Barbasol label making the rounds is a hair over that (by about 1mm or so).

The can diameter on both my real, new Barbasol can as well as the Yardley can is 65.7 mm. The height of the label area on the Yardley is 115.8 mm. The printable Barbasol label making the rounds is a hair over that (by about 1mm or so).

Thanks for the info !!!

Now the can hunting can begin !!!

I’ve been wanting to make one of these for a long time. I see a couple more just popped up on the Bay, same seller. One has the bottom already cut off, it’s a hideaway bank. I may have to take the plunge and finally get one. Which would be the better one for me to get, the solid can, or the bank that’s already been cut?

As much as I would like to get a completely screen accurate can, which would mean finding the exact can used in the movie, I'm going to stick with my Rylo can. At some point I believe you have to stop upgrading things like this every time something new is learned about the original prop otherwise you could spend a fortune on just one prop. I still have my Icons Obi and Luke Sabers and have no plans of upgrading either one even though they are supposedly not very accurate.

Rylos cans ARE accurate AND Screen used if you count the commercials so theres that :lol

As much as I would like to get a completely screen accurate can, which would mean finding the exact can used in the movie, I'm going to stick with my Rylo can. At some point I believe you have to stop upgrading things like this every time something new is learned about the original prop otherwise you could spend a fortune on just one prop. I still have my Icons Obi and Luke Sabers and have no plans of upgrading either one even though they are supposedly not very accurate.

Then when I finally have a can, then there's the need for the cryo system.

I've seen it on thingyverse, so with my upcoming 3D printer, I'm able to print it.
Finding a cryo system like Rylo's, would be hard I guess.

"

I couldn't agree with you more. I wish more prop collectors felt this way. Some people will spend months researching a tiny piece that will likely never be noticed by anyone unless you pointed it out, an then, who would care? And just how much did they spend on that real piece? For me if I get really close I am more than happy. Take Roman's lightsaber. He has refined it so much that his saber is indistinguishable from a saber made from the real world pieces. Plus, it looks better, way cheaper and easily accessible. I know, I know, I've heard it a million times. "But I'LL know!" Well bully for you. You spent $3,000 I spent $300. I'll take the family on a weekend holiday with the extra money or I'll buy a few more props or just sock the rest away towards a new car. It all depends on what kind of collector you are. All I'm saying is you have to draw the line somewhere.

The bank ones have a donut shaped piece of plastic attached in the bottom of the can that has threads on it so the base can screw in. getting that piece off is going to be difficult without damaging the can somehow.

IMG_1408[1].JPG..IMG_1410[1].JPG

You said 65.7 and I found this can in my bathroom. As close as I can measure, it looks like 66mm diameter.
The printable area looks like 153mm, so it's too tall, but you could cut it anyway. This is an older can and is the steel not aluminum. Which is what you want. (I can tell by the mild rust on the bottom rim. Not too bad, and might be available off eBay.

I'm going to quit looking, since some people are happy with their mostly accurate can, anyway. But it was fun to look for alternatives. :D

Here is my accurate shaped can with Paul's barbasol graphic printed on vinyl paper. The newer barbasol can you see is uncut bought new from the store compared to my yardley of london spice. I'm happy how it came out it my only flaw is that I can see faintly the text underneath the label of the yardley can. Not sure how I can get rid of that. Anyway there you have it. 20180508_151227.jpg20180508_151242.jpg20180508_151410.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here is my accurate shaped can with Paul's barbasol graphic printed on vinyl paper. The newer barbasol can you see is uncut bought new from the store compared to my yardley of london spice. I'm happy how it came out it my only flaw is that I can see faintly the text underneath the label of the yardley can. Not sure how I can get rid of that. Anyway there you have it. View attachment 815774View attachment 815775View attachment 815776

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Either paint the can white before adding the label, or strip the factory graphics off. (I'm unsure how one would go about that.)

Looks great, though.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back