Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

Fished the paint job on the base... Gonna add some more weathering but gives you an idea of what it's going to look like completed:

104C6276-DDE7-41C4-B791-D8A64D10FB7B.jpegD27596E7-EC53-4ECA-B52C-156F478420DD.jpeg2928B527-FDA2-490A-9387-F2AB15B86AFE.jpegC45DF484-B015-4BF0-9ED7-0408D05E6F42.jpeg

SOFA-KING AWESOME :thumbsup

Thanks, man! I'm liking how the base turned out... Still so much to do...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Britcinescribe;[URL="tel:4494519" said:
4494519[/URL]]Oh, I do like the Adobe plaster look on the outside. Any special tip for that?

not really... The plaster of paris just went on like that and my original plan was to cover it with fine sand. But I like how it turned out and left it that way.

JediMichael;[URL="tel:4495515" said:
4495515[/URL]]Lighting looks good. I like that top down shot.

Thanks, man... I like that one too... I may try to remove the nose cone and adding some black on the inside to stop the light bleeding through.

Not having worked with a lot of 1/144, I'm gonna guess that like HO scale? similar to the railroad stuff? Plenty of figures to be had for that scale. I'm telling ya, 1/72 is like the front door to the realm of "recognizable" and it's been a MF getting people for this project. :facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

oops, I posted that reply to the wrong post :facepalm but you get it I'm sure:thumbsup
I'm thinking of doing a 1/144 version of yours! Inspiration goes both ways...lol

Not having worked with a lot of 1/144, I'm gonna guess that like HO scale? similar to the railroad stuff? Plenty of figures to be had for that scale. I'm telling ya, 1/72 is like the front door to the realm of "recognizable" and it's been a MF getting people for this project. :facepalm

- - - Updated - - -

oops, I posted that reply to the wrong post :facepalm but you get it I'm sure:thumbsup

Believe it or not, HO is closest to 1/72... It's actually 1/87.1. The closest to 1/144 is N scale which sits a 1/160. I'll definitely be researching hard for a 1/144 scale diorama. I have so much 1/144 vehicles right now, it's crazy.

Hmm, good to know. I just assumed (azz out of me) that when I started this project I wouldn't have any trouble with figures...man was I mistaken. but, I guess I've been pretty lucky improvising. In my estimations I was going by the size of the two 1/144 AT-AT driver's size and thinking it was really close to all the train people at the hobby shop. Again, side by side comparison is the order of the day. I've had the Bandai 1/144 Falcon on the radar for a while and a docking bay 94 seemed like the thing to do with it, however, I think that one comes in ESB/TFA configuration as far as landing gear, so...trimming is likely required.
Believe it or not, HO is closest to 1/72... It's actually 1/87.1. The closest to 1/144 is N scale which sits a 1/160. I'll definitely be researching hard for a 1/144 scale diorama. I have so much 1/144 vehicles right now, it's crazy.

Hmm, good to know. I just assumed (azz out of me) that when I started this project I wouldn't have any trouble with figures...man was I mistaken. but, I guess I've been pretty lucky improvising. In my estimations I was going by the size of the two 1/144 AT-AT driver's size and thinking it was really close to all the train people at the hobby shop. Again, side by side comparison is the order of the day. I've had the Bandai 1/144 Falcon on the radar for a while and a docking bay 94 seemed like the thing to do with it, however, I think that one comes in ESB/TFA configuration as far as landing gear, so...trimming is likely required.

Yeah, it seems figures are the hardest part of these projects. I'm looking into just making my own out clay... Well, I'm definitely doing that for this project and will look into seeing how well I can make them at 1/72 and 1/144 scales.

Yeah, it's 1/350 right? battleship or aircraft carrier people? As far as the 1/72 I know where some stuff is that works. 1/144 the faces and such are indistinguishable so whatever is the right scale you can prob get away with just proper coloring?
Yeah, it seems figures are the hardest part of these projects. I'm looking into just making my own out clay... Well, I'm definitely doing that for this project and will look into seeing how well I can make them at 1/72 and 1/144 scales.

Yeah, it's 1/350 right? battleship or aircraft carrier people? As far as the 1/72 I know where some stuff is that works. 1/144 the faces and such are indistinguishable so whatever is the right scale you can prob get away with just proper coloring?

I've looked into 1/350 figures and haven't liked anything I've come across. I'm fine with doing the clay figures... I consider myself somewhat of an artist...lol... The picture under my screen name was done by me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back