Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

Britcinescribe;[URL="tel:4488226" said:
4488226[/URL]]Wow. How quickly did you do that!? That immediately is starting to look great. Any specific brand or type of plaster?

Thanks! I used Dap branded plaster of Paris. It dries really quick so I had to work relatively fast. All in all, it took less than 15 minutes to put the stuff down. Let it dry for an hour and then sand it.

- - - Updated - - -

Britcinescribe;[URL="tel:4488228" said:
4488228[/URL]]What about the fine grain these guys have?

https://bitsofwar.com/home/364-basing-sand-fine.html

Looks a bit to large for the granuals, unfortunately.

Here's some detail work on the signage... Just test fitting at the moment... I'll need to clean it up alot...

77D6345F-3C3D-49EF-8A02-C06D5AFE8A9D.jpeg

Britcinescribe;[URL="tel:4488523" said:
4488523[/URL]]That's bold!

Did you consider the actual sign, outside the Docking Bay? :)
View attachment 828440

I never noticed that before now! I'll use those number styles instead... Thanks for sharing that! It'll be an easy switch and a quick dremel and it'll be done... I'll do that as soon as I get home.

Looks awesome KorbenI’ve been on a road trip and it’s a pain to log in on my phone but finally had so time. Can’t zoom the pic worth a crap either but it looks good from what I can make out
My hobby shop guy told me to use baking soda as well. Brush on contact cement real thin and dump it on shake side to side and should work. Though I’m alrea in white all I have to do is make a bunch of foot trails and and mashin the cables on the ground anyway just wanted to chime in talk with you soon!
I never noticed that before now! I'll use those number styles instead... Thanks for sharing that! It'll be an easy switch and a quick dremel and it'll be done... I'll do that as soon as I get home.

Looks awesome KorbenI’ve been on a road trip and it’s a pain to log in on my phone but finally had so time. Can’t zoom the pic worth a crap either but it looks good from what I can make out
My hobby shop guy told me to use baking soda as well. Brush on contact cement real thin and dump it on shake side to side and should work. Though I’m alrea in white all I have to do is make a bunch of foot trails and and mashin the cables on the ground anyway just wanted to chime in talk with you soon!

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely try that as well. Have a safe rest of your trip! Here's a zoomed in update of the 9 4 signs... I took the reference material britcinescribe posted, sketched them real quick and dremeled them... Oh, added the boarder too. What do you guys think?

3E55C8A8-C828-4FD0-84F7-5E8FA3AEBE91.jpeg

2F7327AE-659C-4DC2-9A0B-D856AB459188.png

Slightly better shot above.

When I posted that, there was a little devil on my shoulder saying "Should I...? I bet I can hear the groan of anguish from here when he sees that." Sorry you (must have) spent so much time on the first letters. Given that this is Star Wars, one of the things that's always appealed to me is that the language was always written in Aurabesh, but the numbers were the familiar Terran variety (mostly invented by Persian mathematicians, sports fans!) I was very pleased when Lucas replaced the Tractor Beam in ANH for the SE with the Aurabesh text.

There's quite a few T-shirts and things with this logo on it. It's amazing how many people get the text wrong, though!

Really surprised that you changed it. I think it's cool...adds some SW verisimilitude (and uniqueness) to the model.

Last edited:
Honestly, it took just a few minutes on the first set. I looked up 'star wars fonts' an went with what I found. My initial plan was to match the font used in the main logo. Your find was a much better option for a few reasons. First, it looks much better than the font i found. Second, my goal is to represent the docking bay scene with fairly well accuracy. Obviously I'm not going to get it 100%, but close is what I want.

I have taken some liberties on the finer details. But overall, I think the material I have is going to be a decent representation of the scene I am trying to mimic. Your input and the feedback I am getting from everyone has been invaluable.

Thanks! That's so true... I've watched ANH at least a hundred times and never noticed those numbers... I can never not see them again, though...lol... But that's a good thing. I love being able to discover knew things in these movies!

When you really think about it, that hanger is really way to small for a ship like the Falcon. I know it was more a production cost thing, but yeah, imagine having to land a ship like that in such a small space.

Yeah, most likely... But when it comes to movies, I always suspend disbelief... If I didn't, I don't think I'd enjoy them as much...lol

When you really think about it, that hanger is really way to small for a ship like the Falcon. I know it was more a production cost thing, but yeah, imagine having to land a ship like that in such a small space.

Ahh ... perhaps ..., But , you’re forgetting the calibre of these owner/ pilots hmm ... !:lol

:cheersGed

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back