Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

Testing out the scale of the shapeways parts in relation to my docking bay:

39C395D8-5CA3-454B-8D63-1DBCAE4E33B1.jpeg

Thanks brother :thumbsup. It was fun, but it was rough. 1.5 days drive from PHX to Boise, 1.5 days there, and 1.5 days home. I really need to teach the wife how to drive a stick...:unsure
Thanks man! I'm getting excited that is close to getting done...lol... I'm anxious to start working on my Cloud City Diorama... How your enjoying your trip!

Hey korben , apologies if it’s been asked & answered before , but do you plan on lighting any areas in/ around the Bay itself - especially the ground floor sections ?
Asking cause going by your shared photos once the Falcon’s in situ , the ‘ under cover ‘ area seems to get dark & obscured , or maybe it’s just my poor eyesight and how the shadows are affecting the areas behind the model in those pictures .

:cheersGed

Hey korben , apologies if it’s been asked & answered before , but do you plan on lighting any areas in/ around the Bay itself - especially the ground floor sections ?
Asking cause going by your shared photos once the Falcon’s in situ , the ‘ under cover ‘ area seems to get dark & obscured , or maybe it’s just my poor eyesight and how the shadows are affecting the areas behind the model in those pictures .

:cheersGed

I'm going to go with nkg 's suggestion. There will be some ground lights as well.

- - - Updated - - -

nkg;[URL="tel:4490498" said:
4490498[/URL]]Also, probably too late for your model, but a reference of what the Mos Espa model set details were like on the outer ring of the bay.

View attachment 829208

Is never too late! That's an amazing reference shot! So, I'll be changing the color, obviously, which I knew I was going to have to anyway, and also get building all the extra details.

I think I've found a good color... Buff over top of what I have done already looks to be like a good match. I'll post a picture after the gym. I had to replace an o ring in my airbrush, too... Now I'm back in business!

Last edited:
In relation to the scale sand issue, I was reading the VES Handbook this morning and came across this:

"When working in smaller scales, great care must be taken when choosing mate-rials. For instance, at a 1:96 scale natural sand cannot be used to represent sand; the grains of sand will be too big and give away the miniature, so a much finer material like ground walnut shells should be utilized to represent sand." (p. 304)

Last edited:
In relation to the scale sand issue, I was reading the VES Handbook this morning and came across this:

"When workingin smaller scales, great care must be taken when choosing mate-rials. For instance, at a 1:96 scale natural sand cannot be used torepresent sand; the grains of sand will be too big and give awaythe miniature, so a much finer material like ground walnut shellsshould be utilized to represent sand." (p. 304)

My solution is similar... I will be reusing the really fine material I got from sanding the plaster of paris. It is extremely fine and will represent sand at 1/350 scale. I'll post an image of it later tonight.

Thanks for the info!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back