Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

Like I've said before... Its akin to surgery... Replacing the cockpit tube top with ANH details thanks to age of plastic on shapeways:

FDD33B06-C6B7-4B6B-A3EF-95859E0E5F4D.jpeg

IMG_2288.jpg
I'm getting Deja Vu flashes. I'm doing a couple of things differently to you, but it's like looking at my modeling bench! Just put in my own Age Of Plastic corridor spine. That was hands down the most difficult thing I've ever cut. Pretty pleased with the result.

Last edited:
View attachment 818350
I'm getting Deja Vu flashes. I'm doing a couple of things differently to you, but it's like looking at my modeling bench! Just put in my own Age Of Plastic corridor spine. That was hands down the most difficult thing I've ever cut. Pretty pleased with the result.

Definitely tedious! Took me well over an hour. I have to touch mine up a bit, but I'm glad I did it.

Patience is certainly a virtue when dealing with this small of a model!

I spent about 5 hours on my Age Of Plastic spine. Going in, I knew it was going to be the hardest thing on the model. If I screwed up the cutting, I’d have to buy a new Falcon and start again. It was worth it.

Saying that, I spent about 3 hours doing microsurgery on the bit right in front of the AOP piece. The Bandai kit doesn’t look like the ANH détail there (I see you decided to carve yours off), but I wanted it to look like the ANH as much as I could. I considered some micro kit bashing, but decided in the end I could carve the existing structure into something as near as dammit. So, I set up my iPhone with the magnifier and whittled away with some reference on my computer, one plastic Bandai grain at a time...

67F4747E-6AB8-4623-A92F-1F64183F3634.jpeg

Britcinescribe;[URL="tel:4464807" said:
4464807[/URL]]I spent about 5 hours on my Age Of Plastic spine. Going in, I knew it was going to be the hardest thing on the model. If I screwed up the cutting, I’d have to buy a new Falcon and start again. It was worth it.

Saying that, I spent about 3 hours doing microsurgery on the bit right in front of the AOP piece. The Bandai kit doesn’t look like the ANH détail there (I see you decided to carve yours off), but I wanted it to look like the ANH as much as I could. I considered some micro kit bashing, but decided in the end I could carve the existing structure into something as near as dammit. So, I set up my iPhone with the magnifier and whittled away with some reference on my computer, one plastic Bandai grain at a time...

View attachment 818356

That's why I cleaned my up. Leaving what was there didn't mesh with the ANH version. I'll have to see what I can do to make it closer to the original.

Really am impressed with what you’re attempting / doing mate .
Gotta ask though , are you using a magnifying loupe or glasses , or are you just the owner of exceptionally keen eyesight ?:lol

:cheersGed

Thanks, Ged! Just using my eyes. Thankfully I can see very well up close. I'm near sighted, so that helps...lol

Priming and color are down... Still lots of work to get lighting in there, cleaning up all the bad spots, weathering and detailing still need to be done.. But it's starting to come along:

186972D4-25D4-4D91-9413-71750907D3F7.jpeg23AC43D2-015E-44A9-BBAA-909BCFD49050.jpegF7E485A9-1296-4AAA-B9B5-AE0A89A2650C.jpeg

More work on the landing ramp... Yes, they look like multi colored fiber optics, but they are all clear on the ends... You can just barely make out the interior at the top of the ramp:

13E54B9B-BC13-4F92-810E-F189BD7B2292.jpegB9644EC2-E8A0-458E-9BFF-5664844F8687.jpeg

Here's a closer look:

CC9515BF-261E-4ABE-915A-AC1DE172DA97.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back