Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

OK... Moving along with this little scene... Look closely and you'll see Jabba riding on top of the Sandcrawler

E77A0C10-79F8-489C-9094-459A2C6A7D6E.jpeg

aw shucks dude, thanks :thumbsup although, you have much greater challenges at the scale you're working with, and you have overcome them brilliantly... which has made me think I don't have it so bad with the challenges I've come across with mine :D
Thanks, man... I've had some great inspiration from watching your progress on your Hoth hanger bay...

- - - Updated - - -

and I might add, you've been an inspiration to me as well :thumbsup

aw shucks dude, thanks :thumbsup although, you have much greater challenges at the scale you're working with, and you have overcome them brilliantly... which has made me think I don't have it so bad with the challenges I've come across with mine :D

- - - Updated - - -

and I might add, you've been an inspiration to me as well :thumbsup

I love the challenges of working on such a small scale. When I get to my 1/72 Bespin diorama, I'll be able to get some extreme detailing. Heck, even my Lando Falcon is going to have some incredible interior detailing. Working at such small scales helps to see what works and what doesn't. Then just apply that to the larger scale stuff.

Gotta love the support in this forum... There is such a wealth of talent and information... We help to inspire each other and through that inspiration, we get some amazing works of art!

couldn't agree more :thumbsup I can't even remember now what led me to the RPF, likely something on Shapeways, or googling something...anyway, I'm so glad I landed here. I've even seen stuff that other guys were doing, that I had previously done, and thought to myself...had I gotten to the RPF sooner, I could have done those things and the build would have turned out WAAAY better. I'm guessing you're going to do the 1/72 dio with a PG kit? That's going to be a sizable diorama! I'm sure Tony will have those ESB gear boxes available by then. I got a reply back from him last night, he said it's going to be a while still. he's got a lot of stuff going on, though I might tell you also, he did mention he's working on some stuff specifically for the Lando kit, but didn't give a time on it, but I didn't ask about that specifically either. He might have a time table if you shoot him an email. I don't want to pester the poor guy too much :lol Looking forward to watching you do that 1/72 Bespin as well :thumbsup man this site is awesome!
I love the challenges of working on such a small scale. When I get to my 1/72 Bespin diorama, I'll be able to get some extreme detailing. Heck, even my Lando Falcon is going to have some incredible interior detailing. Working at such small scales helps to see what works and what doesn't. Then just apply that to the larger scale stuff.

Gotta love the support in this forum... There is such a wealth of talent and information... We help to inspire each other and through that inspiration, we get some amazing works of art!

I forget how I got here too... I think I was searching for Star Wars modeling forums and this was one of the first ones to pop up. The reason I've stayed is the remarkable work that others have done here. It wasn't that long ago that I didn't even use primer on my first Bandai model... good god I've come a long way since then!

But yeah, getting the PG Falcon soon and I have a second FM Boba Fett Slave 1 on the way. The ideas for that dio are flowing... I need a 3d printer just so I can have a Bespin Cloud car... and everything else I'll need to model and print and then paint...lol

I'll go along with that, I think I was googling Falcon model builds because I just knew the MPC was box of errors and had seen images of MPC Falcons that looked nothing like a stock kit, so I'm like, "where the H did they get those parts?!" On my second build I actually spent a ton of hours custom cutting a set of stock side walls down before I even found out about aftermarket stuff. And oh yeah... lots of info here and really cool and brilliant guys, made some great friends as well.
I ordered mine yesterday from Ama-zone...It'll be a week getting here and I'll be on vaca when it shows up. I got the same one (Anycubic) that Bill got since he said how great it was and the ease of use. Though maybe easy for him cause I'm sure he's already up on it. first time for me. I read one review that said it was NOT for beginners, but we'll see. I'll figure it out. Bill did tell me some facebook stuff to look at and some programs to download, so with his guidance it shouldn't be too horrible to get up and running.
I forget how I got here too... I think I was searching for Star Wars modeling forums and this was one of the first ones to pop up. The reason I've stayed is the remarkable work that others have done here. It wasn't that long ago that I didn't even use primer on my first Bandai model... good god I've come a long way since then!

But yeah, getting the PG Falcon soon and I have a second FM Boba Fett Slave 1 on the way. The ideas for that dio are flowing... I need a 3d printer just so I can have a Bespin Cloud car... and everything else I'll need to model and print and then paint...lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back