Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

nkg;[URL="tel:4455335" said:
4455335[/URL]=]=>Well, the Bandai 006 kit I received had the ESB version Falcon. Disapointing but I'll have to make it work.

That's ironic, since I just bought one of the 006 kits to see what the new undersaucer is like. And I ended up with yet another ANH version!

Want to trade bottom hulls? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Here's the actual model on my early layout design:

Attachments

• 7D301B60-AC68-46BF-9ED1-C4B967EEB720.jpeg
    7D301B60-AC68-46BF-9ED1-C4B967EEB720.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 311
I've always wondered about those black pipes hooked to the bottom of the Falcon. Nobody disconnected those before the Falcon blasted off. Kinda like leaving the gas pump with the nozzle still in your gas tank.

I've always wondered about those black pipes hooked to the bottom of the Falcon. Nobody disconnected those before the Falcon blasted off. Kinda like leaving the gas pump with the nozzle still in your gas tank.

Maybe they were magnetic, like the powercords for newer macbooks.. they had auto shutoff valves on both the Falcon and the 'fuel' supply lines. Or they could be recharging batteries... Either way, that's my thoughts on it.

I think Han leave a lot of broken fuel connectors behind as he makes sudden departures...
The six exhaust vents on the rear deck have their soot running 'downhill' along the hull curve instead of straight back along the direction of motion because he keeps the engines idling at hot ready when on a planet's surface in case he needs to leave in a hurry.

This docking bay diorama is fun to watch develop- it gets me thinking of other places like Nar Shaddaa where the Falcon has stopped by

I think Han leave a lot of broken fuel connectors behind as he makes sudden departures...
The six exhaust vents on the rear deck have their soot running 'downhill' along the hull curve instead of straight back along the direction of motion because he keeps the engines idling at hot ready when on a planet's surface in case he needs to leave in a hurry.

This docking bay diorama is fun to watch develop- it gets me thinking of other places like Nar Shaddaa where the Falcon has stopped by

Solo: A Star Wars Movie will be providing a ton of new locations for the Falcon... I can't wait! I'm hoping Bandai puts out a 1/350 Lando version of the Falcon, too... Diorama's fit in more convenient spots when at smaller scales...lol

Want to trade bottom hulls?

I thought about that, but I'm in the UK and you're in the US, and the postage costs would be kind of stupid.

Basically I wanted to measure the sizes of the two new landing gear boxes for the revised 006 kit.

- nkg

I thought about that, but I'm in the UK and you're in the US, and the postage costs would be kind of stupid.

Basically I wanted to measure the sizes of the two new landing gear boxes for the revised 006 kit.

- nkg

I can measure them for you when I get home later.

Test fitting the gunner station:

DF8967B6-B1B5-4B56-8E68-853B4B0E653D.jpeg

There is a lot of cleaning get up that needs to be done but it adds some awesome detail to this build. It's going to be lit up too.

Before you judge me... Yes, this is the esb bottom hull and not ANH... Well, it's gonna have to stay that way. I'm only installing three sets of landing gear anyway. So here's the progress so far:

2CFC477B-9C60-470E-995F-3B461CCC08F8.jpeg

I'll be scratch building the landing gear boxes and doors.

Also the yellow devices with all the cables disappear between shots, which suggests a passage of time, despite the editing trying to build tensionANewHope-01631.jpg

Also the yellow devices with all the cables disappear between shots, which suggests a passage of time, despite the editing trying to build tensionView attachment 815898

They will be included in my diorama. That's a great screen capture! Thanks for sharing. I'll be using many screen caps to get the details down. I'm currently waiting for my next shipment from Shapeways so I can continue on the ship itself. I'm slowly working on getting the docking bay built. The layout is pretty much set.

Just an fyi: while the model itself was only around $10, I've spent close to $80 (US) at Shapeways for upgrade parts. You know you're obsessed when you spend that much money and time on such a small scale project!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back