Marvel Prop Discussion

Eitri

Hello everyone, I'm Eitri the Dwarves Smith. I would love for you to share your props and recreations from the Marvel universe. I'm the blacksmith that worked on a slew of props from Avengers Infinity Wars. I'm updating my portfolio to include these props and thought I might share and direct those who have interest through the process of creating these props while you share your collection or replicas and talk about them. In this topic I would like to discuss the steps and challenges that goes into making these props. Share my knowledge about the industry from the perspective of a non union contract worker. I will try my best to answer any questions as long as it's not in violation with my contract. Up first is of course, the Infinity Gauntlet. Props like this are a collective process, you have the design team, the computer artist and illustrators, film directors, art directors, property masters, contract workers like myself who fabricate,work on, or repair, painters, and finally the CG scanning before its used on set. As such, it's very rare that a single individual is involved with a prop from start to finish. My involvement included fabrication of some pieces and replacing parts of the gauntlet to better represent what the directors had in mind. this was the gauntlet scanned and used on set.
Infinity Gauntlet Prop.jpg
for a link to my portfolio and off topic piece, check out http://www.fireandbrimstoneforge.net
I will periodically post new images of work as they are revealed in the film.

Great piece! Love to know more about the process.

Do you know if there were only static versions made or if there were also light up versions.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back