Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

Re: Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial

983822aac6dbeffe1022006dc81174d0.0.jpg5630f671da868981ba3ebaddf6d4b9b4.0.jpg
Thanks for the guide. Took a few dips this afternoon and very pleased with the results. This is an RPK though ☺

No that's great, thanks for the update. I was watching a sol cal video last night and he said he used an enamel lacquer over the top and baked it on. Sounds like it's super tough and resistant that way which is appealing.
Yup. I use matte rustoleum clear over it. Bake at 225 for 35 to 40 min. It smooths the finish, but does make it slightly glossy. But super super strong. Be sure you test before doing it to see how your other paints react to the clear enamel. And be sure all previous coats are cured fully before bakong the clear on, otherwise you can get bubbling. But the outcome is great
48d0d9df5a93576d0bbb2f7d3e341648.jpg
4efe49d023a567f2d56db5a059cf6d61.jpg
66ac15c43f87a08bdd31a028899c25da.jpg
3425c298e2a3bd76a8388bc581b11e80.jpg
4840b7041f78cd96f7d9dae816fa9f7f.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Teaser!
I got a package delivered from Halliwax today! It’s SUPPOSED to be my V2 that I had him weather for me (I love making the stencils... not weeding and applying them lol) but this box is a little bigger and heavier than a V2. Hopefully I’ll have time to open it later on today and take video. The video is purely for evidential reasons in case Halliwax decided to keep my V2 and shipped me a brick or a hornet’s nest or something. But it’s absolutely NOT because I’m super excited to open it and see what he did. ;)

59f975c99e9acc7e313793b657d25459.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys...
I...
I'm literally speechless. I can't even begin to describe how awesome this is. Thankfully I filmed the whole thing and am uploading it now.

halliwax is a genius, artist, master craftsman, and a true friend. Brother I cannot thank you enough for this. I'm truly humbled.
I normally don't say things like this because it comes off as bragging, but since this is not my work, I can say it without bragging. I truly believe that I now own THE most accurate V2 replica on the planet right now. I have seen some AMAZING work done on these things, and I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the details. and like I said I don't mean it braggy in anyway, I'm simply stating a fact that he literally did make me what is the most accurate replica in existence right now. I can't wait to get some really close comparisons to the real deal.

Part 1.
https://youtu.be/EQAK-41O9D8

Part 2.
https://youtu.be/ayCTk-FlxLE

Last edited by a moderator:

Omg this guy is a genius !!!

Love the "Halliwax basement" !!! :D just like the freaking evil mouse of Pinky and the Brain !!! :D

Part 1 shows correctly, but part two won't play.

Working now. Great review and Danny did an amazing job on that hilt!

Yeah that link works for me now......fantastic work!!!!

Hey guys, I had an idea for an adapter of sorts that would fit over the neck and provide and accurately shaped, rigid form to apply the gaffers tape to, that would allow you to retain the impression of the groove, give the appearance of the tape being loosened, and hold the "tail" of the tape in place, all while allowing the emitter to spin. It's a custom 3D printed part done on my DLP printer so there are no print lines or cleanup needed. The end result should give an accurate appearance to how the gaffers tape looks now, including the tail sticking out, while keeping it firmly in place.

Would this be of interest to anyone else as a little add-on to these already great replicas? I could throw them in my etsy for a few bucks if anyone else wants one. I'm printing up a prototype right now and will show the results when it's don in about an hour.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back