Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial (Master Thread)

Re: Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial

I've got a couple of questions on assembly before I balls anything up!
How far down the booster should I drill for the cone knob? I'm planning on fixing it with a nut on the inside does anyone know what size and thread I'll require?
How's everyone else fixing theirs?
Cheers
There is no need to drill for the cone knob. There is supposed to be a hole with the right thread in the right place if you have the FX V2.
Except you have a older AS V2. Then there is no hole.
In this case use a drill a little bit smaller than the cone knob thread. You can screw the cone knob right in after drilling. The aluminium is soft enough for that. So there is no need to secure it on the inside.
I did this on my three parts AS V2.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

I've got a couple of questions on assembly before I balls anything up!
How far down the booster should I drill for the cone knob? I'm planning on fixing it with a nut on the inside does anyone know what size and thread I'll require?
How's everyone else fixing theirs?
Cheers

This thread is for starkillers FX V2. If you are talking about the newest version from starkiller, his V2 + V3 builders kit which doesn’t have a hole

I am working every night on a tutorial, I have finished my scaling, and comparing it to dan’s scale and trent’s scale.

Once we agree on the scaling then I will upload all the info, if you can hold on until this weekend I will have a written tutorial for you to go by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing, I’m not holding off this information for any reason, other than I want it to be fool proof. All I need is people drilling holes in the wrong place on their V2’s / V3’s and then saying “that damn Halliwax told me here! He was way off, let’s hang him by his toes!!!”

:p

So I'm thinking about doing the bleach method. But do I need to seal it like the A14 that halliwax is using?

- - - Updated - - -

Found it! It was a few pages back! Me feels dumb now:p

I haven't sealed mine - think it's fine.

Another thing, I’m not holding off this information for any reason, other than I want it to be fool proof. All I need is people drilling holes in the wrong place on their V2’s / V3’s and then saying “that damn Halliwax told me here! He was way off, let’s hang him by his toes!!!”
Accurate and late is better than inaccurate and early

I gotta say, as wonderful as these look, I just do not like the look of the clear coat on the bare aluminum. It detracts from the authentic look, in my opinion. I do of course understand that the paint is far more likely to flake or wear off over time without the clear coat over it. I wish I could find a "truly clear" clear coat!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

So I'm slightly confused.

When Anakin Starkiller did his last V2 run he had piece made that look and awful like this leather stamp
https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/g605-craftool-geometric-stamp
But in his V2/V3 Builders kit thread he says this is the best stamp to use
https://www.tandyleather.com/en/product/b198-craftool-beveler-stamp
So which is the best?

Also does anyone know if it's possible to add the circular indentation between the pommel cubes, without needing a mill?

When Anakin Starkiller did his last V2 run he had piece made that look and awful like this leather stamp
So which is the best?

Also does anyone know if it's possible to add the circular indentation between the pommel cubes, without needing a mill?

Neither one looks like the real mystery chunk, but I’d go with the first one if I had to choose between the two.

So which is the best?

The second one is much closer to the right size, the first would be way oversized.

halliwax mentioned over in the run thread that he's working on a tutorial for the pommel cube mark that will presumably not require a mill, so keep an eye on that https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=293302

Last edited:
Anakin Starkiller FX V2 - Aging Weathering & Stencil Tutorial

Ok so dan starkiller himself told me how to make the milling mark with a bolt.

I made the v2 tutorial and video tutorial last night BUT I am not drilling the cone knob hole on mystery chunk in my V2 because I have a different route I’m going to go

(If anyone is willing to send me their V2 builders kit to let me drill and tap the holes and add the milling circle please PM me)

During the v3 video while on the drill press I forgot to add the milling circle part in the v2 tutorial and mention it out loud

I am behind today because we got rain yesterday, I am hoping to finish uploading the pics tonight and writing up the tutorial in a new thread here

But back to the bolt, I would like to drill, tap and do the milling circle all in one video.. so if anyone is willing to send me their V2 this week I’ll do all this for free if you let me use your V2 in the video

If you have the leather tool I’ll mill that down and install it as well...

Neither one looks like the real mystery chunk, but I’d go with the first one if I had to choose between the two.

Agree’d but I sure do like both options we have

I still think the knurling on the real chunk is like the knurling on the leather tool

But that’s only a guess...

Believe it or not the v3 also has a half moon milling mark between one of its pommel cubes as well ;)

Agree’d but I sure do like both options we have

I still think the knurling on the real chunk is like the knurling on the leather tool

But that’s only a guess...

If you were to choose, which would you use?

If you were to choose, which would you use?

The one dan made for the fx version

If the leather tool wasn’t on such a angle I would like it more

Anyone have any experience in using oven cleaner to remove anodizing? I think I'm going to try and attempt to do that on my KR V2 today :unsure

Anyone have any experience in using oven cleaner to remove anodizing? I think I'm going to try and attempt to do that on my KR V2 today :unsure

That’s what I use all the time, and of course you ask this the day after I backed up/ transferred all my pics on my phone lol

https://youtu.be/bdkrYgCARlw

Here’s a old video of me using oven clean to remove the anodizing on my praco flash

I used the same trick on my romans balance v4 (halliwax’s creepy uncle edition)
0d7f8fa75702d820241763a73d3c0d8d.jpg

f4fe2d37bc00c8706356a0c2a3ca1167.jpg

I put it in a soup can, and let it soak, then scrub with a old tooth brush, comes off with ease

After I am done with the new V2 + V3 builders thread. I’m going to start my own build log thread. So I’ll throw my KRs build there and keep this strictly starkiller stuff so I don’t confuse anyone

But I am currently accurizing My KR V2

318ae1555fd8c54fc42cd44f07b5d166.jpg

c534790f7d6b7406c81af0a429414216.jpg

8580bdae50903766b91eef567dd042a6.jpg

92deb7602a1df717e9f34985f5b9e535.jpg

I don’t have much anodize left

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back