Infinity War: Cosmic Pager

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ll change the title once everyone gets a chance to see Infinity War. But I’m of course talking about Nick Fury’s oldschool modified pager to contact Captain Marvel.

I’ve found a similar model that is sometimes called a “Br802” but it also looks like it has parts from a Motorola Flex. My guess is the prop is a cast and/or parts replaced. The prop has raise arrow buttons and a thinner screen.

References

5489433C-E3F5-4F6F-8836-C3847A33DAA8.jpeg18AA74BC-A59A-4909-B359-AEDB05E05FF3.jpegD7DD4825-7D46-49A3-96F3-54A6F61883D6.jpeg

Attachments

• 3A713AA2-1180-420E-B944-2150C380AC62.jpeg
    3A713AA2-1180-420E-B944-2150C380AC62.jpeg
    233.1 KB · Views: 743
Last edited:
Re: Infinity War: Device (spoilers)

I’ll change the title once everyone gets a chance to see Infinity War. But I’m of course talking about Nick Fury’s oldschool modified pager to contact Captain Marvel.

I’ve found a similar model that is sometimes called a “Br802” but it also looks like it has parts from a Motorola Flex. My guess is the prop is a cast and/or parts replaced. The prop has raise arrow buttons and a thinner screen.

References

View attachment 813680View attachment 813682View attachment 813683

Dude this is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It reminded me of early tech that some of my classmates were using in high school. Big bulky pagers/text messengers that would only work within close proximity of one another unless you were connected to a phone line LOL. Very 90s.

The Cosmic Pager looks like the Motorola Flex Alpha Elite, but without the contouring for the thumb on the left hand side:

unication.jpg

The Br802 looks different; no thumb contouring but some stuff at the right side of the bezel:

br802.jpg

Speaking of bezels, the screen is asymmetric with the Comsic Pager, but not with the real pagers.

The Cosmic Pager looks like the Motorola Flex Alpha Elite, but without the contouring for the thumb on the left hand side:

View attachment 814179

The Br802 looks different; no thumb contouring but some stuff at the right side of the bezel:

View attachment 814182

Speaking of bezels, the screen is asymmetric with the Comsic Pager, but not with the real pagers.

Yep like I said in the first post, I think it has parts or inspired both by the Flex and BR. I’m guessing it was Frankenstein’d together with pieces casted from each model. It could be a 3D print, I dunno.

I made a very rough and quick design of the pager to 3d print. This was just to test the size of the parts that need to be added. I plan on using the Motorolla Flex (it's cheaper than the Br802) for the main body and adding all the small parts to it, that should be in by next week.

These won't be the final dimensions or look of all the bits. I plan on adding more detail and adjusting the sizes when more pictures of the device are taken. I might end up trying to make the top part and the round bits at the bottom out of metal.

Please let me know what I can improve or add to the design! (I plan on adding the round bits soon) Also if anyone knows if there are parts on the back I would love the details about those.

IMG_7346.JPGIMG_2981.JPGIMG_3738.JPGIMG_4883.JPG

I've had the Motorola pager for a few days now and I've broken it down to start designing parts. It looks like the bottom of the pager in the movie is larger than the real one, which gives it a lip. Does anyone know if that runs around the whole device? And are there any more shots of the device that we haven't seen yet?

You can see the lip in the corner sticking out here.
Bottom.png

I knew if I looked hard enough someone would have thread...

OK so as some you know I worked for the Prop Master on Green Lantern and he has done a lot on these movies, so called up boss the next day and said tell me about it!

Scoop I got was this thing was made in like 2 days, its NOT a real pager it was made from idea of pager, is MUCH larger to scale and was made from SCRATCH so this was NOT a modified off shelf, they looked and some old pagers copied it but made it bigger and added all the goodies, I like to help with this project... Also it was rough draft per say the Captain Marvel one next year I heard will be nicer and more detailed...

If I can help in anyway please let me know... I did do post credit video but I didnt spill any these details, you are the only ones who know this... Hope this helps!
https://youtu.be/RiNdfpXRmiU

~Stitch

- - - Updated - - -

I've had the Motorola pager for a few days now and I've broken it down to start designing parts. It looks like the bottom of the pager in the movie is larger than the real one, which gives it a lip. Does anyone know if that runs around the whole device? And are there any more shots of the device that we haven't seen yet?

You can see the lip in the corner sticking out here.
View attachment 816204

Good catch! Please see my post before this! This guy has a good eye!

- - - Updated - - -

References

View attachment 813680View attachment 813682View attachment 813683

I really want to get this made, are you wanting to take lead on this?

Between designing and printing parts, I've been working on the electronics. I've been using an Arduino nano with a TFT screen to recreate the animation from the movie. This combination is too slow, you can see in the video I've linked.

I have some new parts on the way that are supposed to be faster. I just wanted to see if anyone knew how to make an Arduino load images faster since it is cheaper than the other option I'm trying.

https://vimeo.com/269798052

[video=vimeo;269798052]https://vimeo.com/269798052[/video]

Last edited:

I made a very rough and quick design of the pager to 3d print. This was just to test the size of the parts that need to be added. I plan on using the Motorolla Flex (it's cheaper than the Br802) for the main body and adding all the small parts to it, that should be in by next week.

Wish I'd seen this thread a few days ago, Nicely done! I am trying to create the same prop (I just posted it a few minutes ago)

I worked off some pretty ordinary screencaps from Google Image Search, and I can see you've got a few details I didn't even pick up on in my model.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back