Prof Shelly Oberon Jumanji

Dr Jones Sr

Sr Member
I did a search and didn't see anything about the costume of Professor Shelly Oberon (Jack Black).

Am I the only one who thinks it would make a great cosplay? Maybe!

Anyhow here are the best photos I could find quickly:

TxLGUYX.jpg

aqZD3R0.jpg

DQPehkg.png

WY6Njpp.jpg

6a56j84.jpg

From a costume sold at auction:

syyMgV6.jpg

AY9zDfc.jpg

0mJ0gGI.jpg

RPwNIG1.jpg

7YJoEDR.jpg

The pouches are a WWI Swedish army bandolier

SG99qeu.jpg

Like Indiana Jones this costume would be very easy to do as a quick-and-dirty close-enough-to-recognize costume, but difficult to get screen accurate.

The country check shirt should be easy to find.

I'm going to look for a tweed as close as possible to his waistcoat.

Last edited:
His boots are made by Muck Boot Company, there's a listing for them in most sizes on ebay right now for $110, which is honestly a bit steep for Muck boots. His pants are drop fly with suspender buttons and are definitely custom made from a taupe cotton twill. His shirt is possibly off the rack, but could also possibly be custom made by Anto Beverly Hills, as they made the shirts for The Rock. The jacket also seems to be custom made from a lighter cream cotton twill, and I'm going to look into the waistcoat fabric a little more when I have more time. If anybody would like, I can make prints for the bow tie and the handkerchief. They would both print up really accurately on Spoonflower.

That looks like them. Correct pouches, belt, and hardware. Looks like they might even have the canvas sides, but hard to tell.

Thanks for the pouches information! I see that they are a WWI Swedish army bandolier.

And thanks for the link to the auction costume!

Photos of those have been added to the OP.

Last edited:
I am currently working on this costume. I'm trying to make it as accurate as possible. I just ordered the boots tonight. My buddy is really good with leather work, So hes gonna work on
A belt for me. Risu I would be intrested in the bow tie print. If you could help me out with that. Thank you so much for this thread. So far it's helped me out a lot.

The type of bandolier is used also by Star Wars "Tusken Raiders" and "Jawa" cosplayers. They used to be quite common and easy to find in Army Surplus stores and on flea markets over here so I think they must have been used in service into the 1960's or so. I have not seen any in a while but I have not been looking either...

The type of bandolier is used also by Star Wars "Tusken Raiders" and "Jawa" cosplayers. They used to be quite common and easy to find...

Yes unfortunately the huge popularity of Star Wars cosplay has driven up the demand and price for those bandoliers.

I see them regularly going for nearly $200 and they're always sold as Star Wars items. Why oh why did the costumer of Jumanji have to pick those??

The jacket looks like a "WILLIS Geiger SAFARI Jacket." They have several different models, this one looks like a slight variation on the Hemingway. SPENDY, though.

http://willis-and-geiger.com/wg_outfitters/lc.html

illust_l_01.jpg

And, more info:

http://www.artisticmotorcycleco.com/crafting/safari-outfit-week-iv-features-of-other-jackets/

From the movie auction:

img03 (1).jpg

From Ebay:

1_c91b43f736279d03136c3cafff2a3748.jpg

Looks like there were small variations in some of the jackets. Some are missing the arm pocket, others have elastic, some are missing the shooting pad re-enforcement.

They went out of business after being bought by Land's End. One of the former owners started a new company with a similar jacket (minus the "shooting glass" arm pocket):

https://avedoncolby.com/index.php/shop/signature-safari-jacket/

I'm just going with a TAG brand jacket as my "close enough"...but not sure if it has the arm pocket. :(

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M264YWU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

915piSmar5L._UX679_.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back