Haunted Studios Maltese Falcon.

Aldo The Apache

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ve never heard of this company before. I was just curious how accurate you guys think the falcon may be. If your curious just type in Maltese Falcon statue on eBay and it should come up. The one I’ve seen is only 100$. It comes with a COA.

Thanks, for your time.

Matthew.

I’ve never heard of this company before. I was just curious how accurate you guys think the falcon may be. If your curious just type in Maltese Falcon statue on eBay and it should come up. The one I’ve seen is only 100$. It comes with a COA.

Thanks, for your time.

Matthew.
There has been a lot of discussion about their bird here before.

Here is a quick search for “Haunted Studios Falcon”. A bunch of threads pop up that you can read through.
EDIT: seems the link isn’t working. Just do a quick search for HAUNTED STUDIOS MALTESE FALCON and you should see a page of threads that all discuss the piece.

Last edited:
I actually already tried searching, but I couldn’t seem to find anything on it. I’ll try again though.

Thanks again, for your help.

Matthew.

Darn now I want an eltee complete badge set. That really looked amazing. I had already seen ozymandis’s falcon before. I still couldn’t really find info on haunted Studios Maltese Falcon. Just some mentions. The threads I found were mainly just about the statue, as well as the actually bird being auctioned.

Thanks,

Matthew

I bought a ‘Haunted Studios’ Maltese Falcon statue several years ago, way before Ozymandius started making them. For the price it’s not nearly worth it, in my opinion. It’s made out of plaster which chips and cracks very easily, and the sculpt and feathers are way too bulky and not accurate at all. I purchased a weighted Maltese Falcon from Ozymandius after he started selling them and they are absolutely amazing! Pictures definitely don’t do them justice. They are truly a work of art, and spectacular to behold in person. Highly recommended! :thumbsup

Smashed, distorted features and usually made of plaster.

Only claim to fame is that it was used as a background set piece during interviews for the bonus material on the DVD.

I ordered one years ago and it arrived chipped with pieces of plaster in the box. I now own one of Oz's chickens and couldn't be happier with it.

I have pretty much the same story others are telling. I bought a bird from Haunted studios years ago - at the time it looked like a reasonable piece. The finish is rough - bunpy - and it looks like the mold swelled, making the base bulge out rather than being flatter or slightly concave. It sat on the mystery bookcase for a long time until one of the cats tipped it over. Yep - plaster.

Then one of Oz's weighted sculpts became available - while you could compare the two, there really is no comparison. The finish is flawless (I went with black) and the overall effect is that this is the bird.

If you are at all critical of the details, I would hold out for one by Oz.

David

Thanks, for all your help. When I do get one, which will probably be in the very near future it will definitely be ozymandius.

Thanks again,

Matthew

As others have said, you will not be disappointed by Oz’s dingus... I absolutely love mine and look at him daily...

1BB60F2B-E67A-4CA0-AB03-69C3E5CD2D95.jpeg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back