Witch King Assassin - LotR and Assassins Creed mashup

Magnavis

Sr Member
After recently finishing my most recent project, I've decided to start a new one. I'm going to be attempting to create a Witch King gauntlet, and combine that with the hidden blade Assassins gauntlet. This will be partially my own design. The main gauntlet will be based off of the Witch King's LotR design, but I'll be adding an Assassins Blade to it, keeping it in a similar style, but also maintaining the style of Assassin Creed...if that makes sense. I don't want to just make some mechanism, hide it under a panel, and have a blade pop out. I want to try and effectively merge the 2 styles together, so that either one could stand on their own.

I've put together a very rough sketch of where I'm going so far.

witch-king-gauntlet-sketch-001.jpg

I'm in the early stages of this project, and am probable quite a while away from actually making anything physical, or digital. Any help would be much appreciated!

Started blocking out some of the modelling.

wip-001.jpgwip-002.jpg

Kinda making this up as I go along, which is somewhat of a theme for my projects!

Currently printing out an Assassins Blade mechanism I found on Thingiverse so I can get to grips with that, and how it works etc...Still more design work to do once the main gauntlet features are modelled, but I'll probable end up doing it on the fly.

2018-06-07 12.45.42.jpg

Good to get this project underway!

The test version looked as if it would work, but the springs I have are slightly too big. So, I've completely remodelled the mechanism myself in Fusion, using the 3d printed version as a base, but making changes where I needed them.

fusion-wip3.jpg

Tomorrow I'll try and get this printed out, and hopefully, it should be all we need to see if the mechanism works.

I've been working on the gauntlet's more too. Starting to get the hang of it a little more. Think I've got the shapes a lot closer to what I need now.

Wip-011.png

Almost done with the Witch King part. I realised I was using the arm model I had too much for the shape, so I've now removed the arm, and am modelling without it, so I stop trying to fit the armour pieces around the arm perfectly. I think I have much better shapes for the pieces now. Will do a test print of these parts soon to see what needs tweaking. I think it may need to be a little wider, but we'll see.

wip-004.jpg

It's almost time to start working on the new pieces I'll be integrating into this build, which will house the blade mechanic etc...I've got some good ideas to try and seamlessly blend the two. Assassins Blades are often quite intricate, so I'm gonna try and make the blade a real feature, but one that works with what we have from the Witch King gauntlets.

Still working on the modelling.

Started to look at the underside pieces, and working out the cosmetics for the blade mechanism, and the pieces around it. Will probbaly do some sketches or something to better figure that out.

wip-001.jpgwip-002.jpg

Also, I've got the 3D printed blade mechanism working consistently, which is good! Took quite a bit of tweaking. Currently working on the part that will house the string that activates and deactivates the blade.

Got the basics of that system working, just need to add the string, and this top piece which will hide it all.
I then need to start working out how it's going to look aesthetically, and not make sharp angles..

wip-003.jpg

I want to maintain the sort of crude, sharpness of the Witch King armour, but also add some carvings perhaps. I also have an idea for the circular piece on top which will spin, of having a gold (maybe) ring with the One Ring text engraved into it, and some polished black stone in the middle, which would be a piece from mount doom (in my head canon).

More updates soon :D

Been working on the cosmetic piece to house the Blade. Playing with a couple of ideas atm. Originally I wanted to have the One Ring text engraved into it, but after doing a test print, it didn't come out that great, due to some real thin parts. It wasn't awful, but It would be difficult to work with.

wip-005.jpg

So I've moved onto something a little different. I'll probably play with a few different iterations of this, but I've got 19 rings (to signify the 19 rings), and then at the bottom, there is a space for the One Ring, should the Witch King acquire it. This has a little mark on it, which is kinda the eye of Sauron. I've also got some test engraving going on there too, which is based on the engravings on the Witch King sword.

wip-006.jpg

I'm probably gonna play around with this a little more. I like where it's going. Designing the engraving though is gonna be a pain in the arse, as I'm not great at drawing, so I'll probably be trying to get hold of some Celtic patterns for Photoshop or something along those lines.

I like the shape of it too. Kinda get a wild hunt vibe from it.

The large circle cut out will have a disk attached, which will have a polished, or rough black stone, from the fiery pits of mount doom.

- - - Updated - - -

After recently finishing my most recent project, I've decided to start a new one. I'm going to be attempting to create a Witch King gauntlet, and combine that with the hidden blade Assassins gauntlet. This will be partially my own design. The main gauntlet will be based off of the Witch King's LotR design, but I'll be adding an Assassins Blade to it, keeping it in a similar style, but also maintaining the style of Assassin Creed...if that makes sense. I don't want to just make some mechanism, hide it under a panel, and have a blade pop out. I want to try and effectively merge the 2 styles together, so that either one could stand on their own.

I've put together a very rough sketch of where I'm going so far.

View attachment 813342

I'm in the early stages of this project, and am probable quite a while away from actually making anything physical, or digital. Any help would be much appreciated!

Any updates on this project? Looking forward to seeing it finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Any updates on this project? Looking forward to seeing it finished.

I ran into a few problems with the project,namely with the blade mechanism, which I was unable to (as of yet) fix. My printers been out of action for a bit too which hasn't been helpful. I'm probably going to come back to this over the winter, and work on getting the mechanism working properly. It's definitely a project I want to finish though!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back