Star Wars Resistance new animated series...

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-buckets-list-extra-the-triple-dark

STAR WARS RESISTANCE // OCTOBER 15, 2018BUCKET’S LIST EXTRA: 9 FUN FACTS FROM “THE TRIPLE DARK” – STAR WARS RESISTANCE[/h][h=2]FIND OUT DESIGN AND IN-UNIVERSE SECRETS OF KRAGAN GORR'S PIRATES AND MUCH MORE![/h]Star Wars Resistance is here! The animated series follows Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. Visit StarWars.com following each episode for “Bucket’s List Extra,” an expansion of our weekly fun-facts video series Bucket’s List. In this installment, we look at “The Triple Dark.”

Bucket’s List Extra – “The Triple Dark”
kaz-aurodium-1024x576.jpg

1. Metal origins.
Aurodium, the metal that makes up Kaz’s prized trophy, is incredibly rare — rarer than gold. It usage in Star Wars dates back to a mention in the 2000 novel, Rogue Planet.
Bonus fun fact: The use of “au” in “Aurodium” is a nod to the symbol for gold in the Periodic Table of Elements.
captain-phasma-resistance-1024x576.jpg

2. Phasma-tastic.
This episode marks the series debut of Captain Phasma, voiced by Gwendoline Christie, who portrays the character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
hallion-ship-1024x576.jpg

3. What’s old is new.

Hallion is a Neimoidian, and his ship is a modern incarnation of the Galactic Republic-era Sheathipede shuttle, seen in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

trandoshan-pirate-resistance-1024x576.jpg

4. Alien party!
This episode includes a wide array of aliens from across the saga, like Neimoidians, Niktos, Rodians, Mirialans, Gotal, Nautolans, Ithorians, Snivvians, Aleena, Klatooinians, Arcona, Quarren, Hassks, Trandoshans, and more!

pirate-concept-art-resistance-1024x762.jpg

5. Pirate fashion.
All the pirates’ gear (costumes, ships, accessories),were originally created from left-over Imperial parts from Star Wars: A New Hope to Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. The original design brief (per Lucasfilm’s Dave Filoni and Kiri Hart), stated that the First Order would be providing the old Imperial tech, weapons, and uniforms to the pirates as part of their trade deal.
pirate-ship-concept-art-resistance-1024x768.jpg

6. A pirate’s ship for me.
Each pirate and ship have their own theme, but were heavily influenced by chop-shop/hot-rod cars and trucks. The lead pirate ship is a Lambda-class shuttle with several modifications: added guns, more powerful engines, and added wings.
kragan-resistance-ship-1024x576.jpg

7. Unleash the Kragan.
Kragan Gorr, the pirate leader, wears mostly AT-AT commander gear, a la General Veers, customized with spikes and paint. He is a Quarren, and also sports a prosthetic left arm, has lots of scars, and is missing part of his facial tentacles.
tam-patch-resistance-1024x576.jpg

8. Patch work.
The different mechanics on the platform have special patches that designate their specialty/area assigned, and different colors of the same patch indicate a higher or lower level of expertise. (Tam’s is red, signifying the highest level of mechanic expertise). Acquisitions and janitorial have their own unique patches, as well.
yaeger-kaz-resistance-1024x576.jpg

9. It’s all in the (missing) details.
Yeager was meant to have had this jacket since he was young. Intentionally, there is a missing patch on his left arm, but a dark spot can be seen where it used to be, and the rank badge and existing patch on the front of his jacket are unexplained. All of these were intentional on the design side, and meant to add mystery to his past!

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, because Comcast/Xfinity apparently hates me, how important is the first episode? Because they only have the second (and possibly the third by now) On Demand. Can't watch the show live (a channel that doesn't use On Demand is showing Babylon 5 7 nights a week!), so I'm stuck with On Demand, and if they're not gonna have the first episode, I'm kinda stuck.

Okay, because Comcast/Xfinity apparently hates me, how important is the first episode? Because they only have the second (and possibly the third by now) On Demand. Can't watch the show live (a channel that doesn't use On Demand is showing Babylon 5 7 nights a week!), so I'm stuck with On Demand, and if they're not gonna have the first episode, I'm kinda stuck.

If you pay for the Disney Channel via Xfinity, you can watch the shows through http://disneynow.go.com or their app.

I'm actually kind of enjoying this animation. I'm completely sick of "plastic" CGI like Clone Wars and Rebels. At least this is different. Also, seems fairly detailed with the amount of fabric movement and scratches and scuffs.

Story wise...yeah whatever, I can take it or leave it, which is pretty much my same take on Clone Wars and Rebels. Personally, I don't see how this is anymore "kiddyfied" than either of those shows.

The animation is VERY similar to Zelda: breath of the wild.

Which can be brilliant at times. But somewhat bland at others

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm actually kind of enjoying this animation. I'm completely sick of "plastic" CGI like Clone Wars and Rebels. At least this is different. Also, seems fairly detailed with the amount of fabric movement and scratches and scuffs.

Story wise...yeah whatever, I can take it or leave it, which is pretty much my same take on Clone Wars and Rebels. Personally, I don't see how this is anymore "kiddyfied" than either of those shows.

It’s also more cosplay friendly I think.

I dvr’ed it, they will record the reruns at 8:30 in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do realize that this show is basically cel shaded 3D and no different from Clone Wars and Rebels except for the way they render and texture everything. To me, this show looks even more CG than its predecessors and reminds of the early days of 3D animation and cel shading.

You do realize that this show is basically cel shaded 3D and no different from Clone Wars and Rebels except for the way they render and texture everything. To me, this show looks even more CG than its predecessors and reminds of the early days of 3D animation and cel shading.

Well yeah, it's obviously CG, no one is denying that. Point is--it looks different from CW and Rebels and that is a good thing.

Watched few episodes and already like it, much better start than Rebels. The main character seems a bit too... sloppy, but I know people that do worse IRL. It's certainly much better than I expected :)

Where do you guys watch this? I'd gladly pay for it, but I'm not sure where to get it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It's Disney Channel. So you need a subscription via cable. If you want to watch it legally without cable, here are some options.
https://www.groundedreason.com/watch-disney-channel-online-legally/

You can also find the episodes although sometimes in 2:45 segments on YouTube.

And not that I condone it but you of course you can find just about any show from any channel online streaming illegally if you take some time to do some internet searches. Watch out for Malware.

https://www.starwars.com/news/buckets-list-extra-fuel-for-the-fire-star-wars-resistance

Star Wars Resistance // OCTOBER 22, 2018Bucket’s List Extra: 10 Fun Facts from “Fuel for the Fire” – Star Wars Resistance[/h][h=2]Discover this episode's surprising connections to the rest of the Star Wars saga and more![/h]Star Wars Resistance is here! The animated series follows Kazuda “Kaz” Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. Visit StarWars.com following each episode for “Bucket’s List Extra,” an expansion of our weekly fun-facts video series Bucket’s List. In this installment, we look at “Fuel for the Fire.”
Bucket’s List Extra – “Fuel for the Fire”
fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-01-1024x575.jpg

1. Meet Kaz’s other new friend.
This is Garma, an elderly female Arcona. She suggests that Kaz come live with her. He declines.
fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-06-1024x576.jpg

2. What’s in a name?
In the earliest outline of this episode, the young racers that Kaz meets had the placeholder names Camie, Fixer, and Deak. These were the names of Luke Skywalker’s teenage friends at Tosche Station in the original Star Wars, featured in scenes eventually cut from the film.
fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-05-1024x576.jpg

3. I know that voice.
Voicing Jace Rucklin is longtime Star Wars fan Elijah Wood.
fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-09-1024x576.jpg

4. Dressing the part.
Rucklin, his ship, and his crew have a more worn look and sport more muted colors, as they are still struggling to make it as racers on the Colossus. Only the Aces and the wealthier inhabitants have enough status and credits to afford new, custom-made ships and gear.
fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-04-1024x618.jpg

5. Famous origins.
The design of Rucklin’s speeder bike is based on early Return of the Jedi concept art by Nilo Rodis-Jamero.
fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-02-1-1024x576.jpg

6. One of a kind.
According to Art Director Amy Beth Christenson, Opeepit is the only janitor on the Colossus; a Frigosian, his goggles were designed to give him a cranky’expression at all times, reinforcing his frustration when anyone else makes a mess. His floor polisher was designed just for his use.
fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-03-1024x576.jpg

7. Rebel hero.
The holographic image Kaz finds in Yaeger’s private office shows him as part of a victorious X-wing squadron at the Battle of Jakku. A downed Star Destroyer rests in the desert behind him, as seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-07-1024x576.jpg

8. There’s something familiar about this place…
The photo of Yeager’s family was taken on Batuu — the same location featured at the upcoming Disney Parks Star Wars-themed land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
solo-kessel-run-falcon-1024x429.jpg

9. It worked that one time…
A drop of hyperfuel in an ion engine — which is catastrophic in the case of Rucklin’s racer — is how the Millennium Falcon gets out of the Kessel Run in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
fuel-for-the-fire-resistance-10-1024x576.jpg

10. Watching from the watchtower.
The tower in the center of the Colossus was designed so that Doza could keep an eye on everything. Both his office and the control tower (situated just above his office) have 360-degree windows, so that he always has a clear view of the entire base and can keep an eye out for pirate attacks. It is highly secure, being A) the highest point on the base, B) only accessible via a single turbolift, guarded by special security droids, and C) protected from outside threats by large anti-aircraft guns.
In case you missed this week’s Bucket’s List video, check it out below!
Bucket’s List
Star Wars Resistance airs Sundays at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Disney Channel.
StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
TAGS: Bucket's List Extra, Fuel for the Fire, Star Wars Resistance (2018)

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/More_Star_Wars_Resistance_Episode_Details_Revealed_182244.asp

More Star Wars Resistance Episode Details Revealed!Posted by Steve on October 21, 2018 at
12:36 PM CST

Disney has released the titles and descriptions for the next five episodes of Star Wars Resistance.

Check them out below!

"The High Tower" (Oct 28, 10:00 - 10:30 PM EST)

The First Order arrives at the platform for mysterious reasons and Kaz and BB-8 are determined to sneak into the tower to find out what they want.

"The Children from Tehar" (Nov 4, 10:00 – 10:30 PM EST)

Kaz searches for two missing children for a sizeable reward only to discover the First Order is also hunting for them. Gwendoline Christie returns as Captain Phasma.

"Signal from Sector Six" (Nov 11, 10:00 – 10:30 PM EST)

When out on a routine training exercise, a distress signal sends Kaz and Poe to a damaged ship with strange lifeforms onboard. Oscar Isaac returns as Poe Dameron.

"Synara’s Score" (Nov 18, 10:00 – 10:30 PM EST)

On a mission to repair a vital platform defense, Kaz befriends the mysterious Synara and comes under attack by pirates. Jim Rash and Bobby Moynihan return as Flix and Orka, respectively.

"The Platform Classic" (Nov 25, 10:00 – 10:30 PM EST)

An upcoming race reunites Yeager with his estranged brother, Marcus, who needs to win to pay off his debt to a criminal organization.

Star Wars Resistance air weekly on the Disney Channel and you can watch all the latest episodes on the DisneyNow App.

MTFBWY.

Finally got a chance to watch episode 1 yesterday. I was unimpressed. I hate the main character. Even the youngest pilots I worked around in the Air Force weren't as clueless as Kaz. He might not be a seasoned veteran, but as an academy grad and young starfighter pilot, the fact that he walks around astonished by Every. Little. Thing. is just dumb. He acts more like the audience demographic than the military pilot he actually is.

The rest of the episode was okay, and I'll watch the other two I have recorded, but I don't have high hopes for this. Not even Ezra was this annoying in the first episodes of Rebels.

I keep forgetting this show exists.. not a good thing. Gotta catch up later when they are on demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the first 2 episodes. It's OK. But I'm not feeling the urge to follow it closely on my own. I think my kids would love it, though, and I'd look forward to watching it more with them.

9. It worked that one time…A drop of hyperfuel in an ion engine — which is catastrophic in the case of Rucklin’s racer — is how the Millennium Falcon gets out of the Kessel Run in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Ah, but that was their mistake. They said in Solo that putting hyperfuel in the engine would blow up the ship, but in the reactor is a different story. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back