Pitch Black/Riddick Goggles

drdeathproof

These are a pair of Harley Davidson goggles a biker friend of mine gave me. It occurred to me that they look very much like Riddick's goggles:

riddick.jpg

Mine:

IMG_20180425_234842781.jpg

But I seek advice.

1. There is a small Harley logo on the center piece of plastic between the goggles which would ideally need to be removed.

2. I would need to remove the Harley strap and get some sort of (rubber?) strap that looks like Riddick's.

3. The foam rubber that lines the inside of the goggles is dry rotted. I would need to remove the old foam rubber and possible replace it, either with the same or some other material. (see below)

IMG_20180425_234856871.jpg

If anyone could offer some suggestions on the these three points I would be greatly appreciative. I love propmaking but I lack experience.

I'll try checking out Ebay for the strap first, I guess.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Remove the logo with the help of acetone nail polish remover.

2. To remove strap is easy. Get a flexible and good quality rubber from the market.

3. Try Goo Gone to remove the rotten rubber.

1. Remove the logo with the help of acetone nail polish remover.

2. To remove strap is easy. Get a flexible and good quality rubber from the market.

3. Try Goo Gone to remove the rotten rubber.

Thanks, Kerry... regarding the foam rubber, is there a way to replace it once the old stuff is removed?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back