3D Printed Arc Reactor

GoldenAvenger

I recently got a 3D printer (da Vinci Jr Pro, pretty solid printer) and wanted to try making a little something! Years back I made some progress with a fiberglass Mark III suit but never finished it. I did finish a quick Vader build last October but I still carry the Iron Man bug and thought something a little smaller for the Infinity War premiere would be fun. I found some 3D print files on thingiverse (credit goes to Aelkaim) for the parts and went at it.

• Took two afternoons to print out all the parts.
  • I found out that using filler primer is mega helpful for getting rid of those printing ridges and makes it look like one solid fabricated piece.
  • Printed some parts in transparent, and spray painted the others either matte black or chrome.
  • Used a WS2812B LED ring and 8 LEDs from an LED strip from Amazon, the latter of which had to be soldered
  • An arduino uno controls the lights with a USB powerbank giving it juice
  • Bought some suspenders and velcro to be able to wear it

I'd never worked with small scale electronics before or soldered, so this was a fun little way to get into it.

will upload more photos once I finishing stitching up the suspenders, but here's the money shot.

31189913_1109038792571851_1918836859224457216_o.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back