Replacement part for PG Falcon..anyon ever use “Blue Stuff”?

DARTH SABER

Master Member
So I lost one if the little flaps on the back of my Falcon...im thinking of using Blue Stuff to cast a replacement from one of the other flaps.

Anyone ever use Blue Stuff?
You think it would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it is a simple enough part it can be done, especially if you can get away with an open face mold

I used ProCreate (which is a similar thing to green stuff ) and made the mold out of InstaMold (which is the same thing as blue stuff//oyumaru, just a different brand name, and it is not blue)

I have used to make copies of a the Fine Molds Falcon Ben Kenobi figure for my 1/72 Jedi Starfighter (I got it second hand, and the figure was missing)

I also have used the same combo to make the end caps for the Revell Slave-1 "wings" from a piece on the Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon

If it is a simple enough part it can be done, especially if you can get away with an open face mold

I used ProCreate (which is a similar thing to green stuff ) and made the mold out of InstaMold (which is the same thing as blue stuff//oyumaru, just a different brand name, and it is not blue)

I have used to make copies of a the Fine Molds Falcon Ben Kenobi figure for my 1/72 Jedi Starfighter (I got it second hand, and the figure was missing)

I also have used the same combo to make the end caps for the Revell Slave-1 "wings" from a piece on the Fine Molds 1/72 Falcon

[url]https://farm1.staticflickr.com/817/40685531694_04774fb668_c.jpg[/url]

Hows the detail after casting?
Is it pretty decent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is as good as your mold. The hardest part with the instamold/bluestuff is getting a good mold since you heat it, then squish it around. It you use too much pressure in one area or move it while it is still fluid you will get uneven detail. On the plus side, since it reusable you can just drop it in some hot water an try again

as far as the medium for your part, using the two part green/grey/brown stuff it is good as long as you leave it dry in enough before handling (it is like sculpting with chewing gum)

I haven't tried it with resin yet, but I suspect it might be easier to get a good "cast" over squishing greenstuff in the mold

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back