thought share to lightsaber fanatics

3 CELL PO

Anakin's Clones lightsaber has a groove cut partway down the length. Could this have been for a prong like Dooku's in it's stages of fabrication?

No, its there because they based the design off this picture of Vader's lightsaber from the Star Wars Visual Dictionary and mistook the reflection for a groove. I don't believe there is any in-universe explanation for it, so you can pretend its there for whatever reason makes you happy.

Vader_VD_Lightsaber.jpg

No, its there because they based the design off this picture of Vader's lightsaber from the Star Wars Visual Dictionary and mistook the reflection for a groove. I don't believe there is any in-universe explanation for it, so you can pretend its there for whatever reason makes you happy.

https://s19.postimg.cc/8ps6ez68x/Vader_VD_Lightsaber.jpg

The Vader lightsaber in the Visual Dictionary isn't correct. They took a Master Replicas Anakin saber, and spray painted the top black.

The Vader lightsaber in the Visual Dictionary isn't correct. They took a Master Replicas Anakin saber, and spray painted the top black.

Your statement is actually incorrect. The Star Wars Visual Dictionary came out before Master Replicas even existed. What they used for the Vader saber was an Icons made replica.

OK, I'm confused. Are we talking Anakin's first lightsaber?:

View attachment 812693

Or second:

View attachment 812694

Either way I'm not seeing a slot.

Yes, the OP is referring to Anakin's AOTC saber and yes there is a groove down the side. It starts under the shroud and goes down beneath the black midband or what would be the clamp on a real MPP. Its the slot where the 2 LEDs are.

Yes, the OP is referring to Anakin's AOTC saber and yes there is a groove down the side. It starts under the shroud and goes down beneath the black midband or what would be the clamp on a real MPP. Its the slot where the 2 LEDs are.

Well, I'll be. I never noticed that..:

Anakinlarge.jpg

Your statement is actually incorrect. The Star Wars Visual Dictionary came out before Master Replicas even existed. What they used for the Vader saber was an Icons made replica..

I stand corrected. I can see the flathead screw that holds the faux lever in place. They must have used that as the inspiration for Anakin's ATOC saber then?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back