Bradberry00's Prop Builds: UPDATE — E-11 DONE!

Bradberry00

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Over the past year and a half I have learned a lot from you all. I humbly started with a couple Denix builds, quickly realizing that my OCD and perfectionism would not allow me to settle. With the knowledge I have gained (and the jealousy I have developed from looking at all of your excellent props) on the RPF, I have begun to gather parts to build props as screen accurate as my pocketbook allows. I wanted to start this thread as a way to force myself to document these builds and, hopefully, share anything I discover through the process with you.

Along with this thread I have started an Instagram account @1to1starwars that I may be updating more frequently than this thread. Feel free to follow me there.

LINKS TO SPECIFIC PROPS:

- Nearly finished Greedo Killer DL-44
- Repainted Anovos Shoretrooper Helmet
- TFA DL-44 & NN-14
- "Live Fire" Han Solo HERO DL-44
- *almost Real Parts Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber
- Vintage Folmer Graflex ANH Lightsaber
- Return of the Jedi DL-44

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to start the thread by showing what a years worth of searching, hunting, and begging has brought me...Nearly everything to make a 100% accurate 'Greedo Killer'. MGC, real Compac Super 2 1/2x20, real M9 flash hider, Weaver scope rings, @Field Marshall dovetail and a scratch build scope mount...eagerly awaiting a @SolosHold heat sink.

gkparts1.jpg

gkparts2.jpg

gkparts3.jpg

gkparts4.jpg

In addition to this I have been lucky enough to find two additional MGC's one is 90% built up as a ROTJ DL-44 (I will share more images of that soon) and the other will likely be a Hoth variant. I am also slowly gathering parts for a live fire ANH Hero DL-44....and a few more goodies that I will expose at a later date.

Again, thank you for generously sharing both your knowledge and sometimes your extra parts with me as I embark on this endless journey.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Re: Bradberry00's Prop Builds: Blasters, Lightsabers, and Other Nonsense.

I love these kind of pics...real vintage accurate parts :love

Thanks guys! There will be more to follow... ;)

Last edited:

Does any one have an higher resolution version of these images or a similar image showing the 'Greedo Killer' from the front? I want to determine how far the barrel was cut off, if at all, when the M9 flash hider was installed.

28b9ebe59af4d360393bb10cbf2d6deb.jpg

Han-Solo-han-solo-33525921-345-500.jpg

Last edited:

Not great photos (I will do a proper photo shoot soon), but I pretty much got my Greedo Killer together yesterday. Overall happy with it, although I do need to make a few adjustments....Thanks @SolosHold the heat sink looks great!

Specs:

- MGC Mauser
- Real Compac Super 2 1/2x
- Real M9 Flash Hider
- Self made scope mount
- Weaver Scope Rings
- Solo's Hold Heat Sink

greedokiller.jpg

greedokiller2.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Bradberry00's Prop Builds: Blasters, Lightsabers, and Other Nonsense * GK UPDATE

Some "Other Nonsense" — Anovos Shoretrooper that I repainted the correct, known screen accurate, color and re-weathered. Next to the Sandtrooper, the Shoretrooper has to be one of my favorite bits of costume design in the Star Wars world (I really like the Deathtroopers and new Rogue One Stormtroopers too...hell Rogue One just nailed the costume design). The design is so unmistakingly Star Wars, but also fresh and unique. This helmet marks the beginning of a full armor build...

shorerepaint1.jpg

shorerepaint2.jpg

shorerepaint3.jpg

shorerepaint4.jpg

shorerepaint5.jpg

Last edited:
I know the TFA DL-44 isn't necessarily a favorite around these parts...but I think it is a nice companion for the Nerfworx Lab NN-14....

I have been sitting on this Airsoft and DEC TFA kit for some time now so I spent the last couple days throwing it together. Turned out pretty nice and I quite like the new approach while still paying homage to the Hero blaster...

tfadl44rey.jpg

Amazing work @Bradberry00! I actually like Rey's blaster quite a bit, but that may be due to me being one of the few who doesn't hate TLJ.

I fully agree about the NN-14....I was referring to the TLJ DL-44 as not being universally loved. Many people think it is a poor rendition of the ANH Hero blaster. I honestly think of it of a new version/variant of the blaster and it makes since that it isn't the same as the Hero. The pair really looks good together!

I have pared down my collection quiet a bit in the last couple weeks. I am more interested in having quality, real parts, pieces than every variant. Here is a low quality cell phone photo of some of the best pieces both finished and in process. Once they are finished I will have my wife do a professional photo shoot with them.

-kxuVh15zN--D_CfeUEmDuTtFzCcd-KZYsPti7rrIYdUFDN5aO4olKgdMf1kVxxM5ampekXYg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

Better photos soon....but a low resolution tease of my real parts Obi-Wan lightsaber. Real grenade, real balance pipe (thanks Marv and teecrooz), real Graflex clamp, and real AS handwheel (again thanks Marv). The only piece that is a replica is the booster for now. I also have the Exactra 20 and the "transistors" (I will be using vintage Motorola TO-99 package Opamps). I hope to finish this up this month and have a proper photoshoot of my ANH real parts prop collection thus far.

obisaber.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back