Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Saint Paul, MN
    3 Weeks Ago  Apr 23, 2018, 5:48 PM - Bradberry00's Prop Builds: Blasters, Lightsabers, and Other Nonsense. #1

Over the past year and a half I have learned a lot from you all. I humbly started with a couple Denix builds, quickly realizing that my OCD and perfectionism would not allow me to settle. With the knowledge I have gained (and the jealousy I have developed from looking at all of your excellent props) on the RPF, I have begun to gather parts to build props as screen accurate as my pocketbook allows. I wanted to start this thread as a way to force myself to document these builds and, hopefully, share anything I discover through the process with you.

Along with this thread I have started an Instagram account @1to1starwars that I may be updating more frequently than this thread. Feel free to follow me there.

I want to start the thread by showing what a years worth of searching, hunting, and begging has brought me...Nearly everything to make a 100% accurate 'Greedo Killer'. MGC, real Compac Super 2 1/2x20, real M9 flash hider, Weaver scope rings, @Field Marshall dovetail and a scratch build scope mount...eagerly awaiting a @SolosHold heat sink.

In addition to this I have been lucky enough to find two additional MGC's one is 90% built up as a ROTJ DL-44 (I will share more images of that soon) and the other will likely be a Hoth variant. I am also slowly gathering parts for a live fire ANH Hero DL-44....and a few more goodies that I will expose at a later date.

Again, thank you for generously sharing both your knowledge and sometimes your extra parts with me as I embark on this endless journey.

To be continued...
    Last edited by Bradberry00; 3 Weeks Ago at 7:31 PM.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    3 Weeks Ago  Apr 24, 2018, 7:35 AM - Re: Bradberry00's Prop Builds: Blasters, Lightsabers, and Other Nonsense. #2

Dang!!! Nice pile of parts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From
    Cologne, Germany
    3 Weeks Ago  Apr 24, 2018, 8:53 AM - Re: Bradberry00's Prop Builds: Blasters, Lightsabers, and Other Nonsense. #3

I love these kind of pics...real vintage accurate parts
  4. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Saint Paul, MN
    3 Weeks Ago  Apr 24, 2018, 9:00 AM - Re: Bradberry00's Prop Builds: Blasters, Lightsabers, and Other Nonsense. #4

Thanks guys! There will be more to follow...
    Last edited by Bradberry00; 3 Weeks Ago at 9:39 AM.
  5. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Saint Paul, MN
    3 Weeks Ago  Apr 25, 2018, 9:41 AM - Re: Bradberry00's Prop Builds: Blasters, Lightsabers, and Other Nonsense. #5

Does any one have an higher resolution version of these images or a similar image showing the 'Greedo Killer' from the front? I want to determine how far the barrel was cut off, if at all, when the M9 flash hider was installed.

Last edited by Bradberry00; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:06 AM.