Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
Infinity War.jpg

i went and saw this last weekend. i thought it was pretty good, never cared for the infinity comic series... this may have already been brought up but was it me, or was the hulk buster suit at the very end... and war machine horrible? i dont know if it was my theater screen or what but it was so bad i couldn't even remember the part of the movie... i forgot what was actually happening and kept staring at them like WTH is going on?! something broke?!

anyone else experience this?

i went and saw this last weekend. i thought it was pretty good, never cared for the infinity comic series... this may have already been brought up but was it me, or was the hulk buster suit at the very end... and war machine horrible? i dont know if it was my theater screen or what but it was so bad i couldn't even remember the part of the movie... i forgot what was actually happening and kept staring at them like WTH is going on?! something broke?!

anyone else experience this?

I think we might have discussed this, or I might have seen the discussion elsewhere. I'm not digging back, either. :)

Supposedly late changes were made, keeping Hulk out of the action. If true, that shot would've included the Hulk instead of Banner in Hulkbuster, a rushed replacement.

What's odd about it, to me, is that Banner's head is overscaled. He's BEHIND everybody else, but his head is bigger!

Why did Heimdall use his last breath to rescue Banner instead of Thor?
I saw it as killing two birds sending banner home and the warning .

The Asguardians already fought and lost there home its only fair Banner be allowed to fight for his .

IDK that's my thinking anyway .

Manners for banners ?

women children and visitors first . LoL

I've been seeing a lot of theories about how Loki is still alive and whatnot, but I think they're all way too ridiculous. Loki is gone. He needs to be gone. He'd have no more purpose in the MCU if ever he's still alive. We were told his story, he's had solid character development, and he's redeemed himself by the end of Ragnarok. He knew that trying to stab Thanos with a knife won't work, but he still did it to try and stop him. He died a hero's death and that pushed Thor as well into doing what he can to kill Thanos. I mean just think about it, if he turns out to be alive, then Thor's motivations and Loki's sacrifice will be meaningless. I'd rather see Loki die permanently with honor and sacrifice than see him live on knowing that it was just another one of his tricks

Saw it again last night. The secrets are of course disarmed upon a second viewing. But you get to pay more attention to some stuff instead of just being constantly awed, shocked, or surprised. This is definitely a movie that should be seen more than once.

Didn't notice it the first time due to how much was going on. But in some shots Thanos looks amazingly real. Especially the closeups.

Saw it again last night. The secrets are of course disarmed upon a second viewing. But you get to pay more attention to some stuff instead of just being constantly awed, shocked, or surprised. This is definitely a movie that should be seen more than once.

Didn't notice it the first time due to how much was going on. But in some shots Thanos looks amazingly real. Especially the closeups.

Yup, you can even see the little hair on his face.

Interesting article on which [mostly] off-screen characters survived.

My thoughts:
Howard surviving I think is more of a gag, and confirming Loki being dead is what we already figured. Betty Ross I think we all figured wasn't coming back, either, and hadn't they already confirmed that Sif was killed off-screen around the time of Ragnarok?

Aunt May surviving I figured would happen, so that we can get the development of her dealing with Peter's disappearance. Nakia they didn't actually confirm, but I figure she's safe, too, to deal with T'Challa's disappearance.

Now, as for the "we can't say, they're spoilers" characters...

Jane - I thought Portman was done with the movies, but with Helmsworth's contract reportedly coming up, they could bring her around for Lady Thor in Phase 4. That would be pretty cool. And saying it's spoilers when everyone pretty much thought she was gone, that does bode well.

Korg/Miek - They were fun characters, and with Valkyrie confirmed to be alive with the rest of the Asgardians, they likely are/were with them. Since they're also space-faring characters, and we've been told that GotGv3 will have changes to the lineup, could they join the Guardians?

Shuri - Shuri had better survive, she's my favorite MCU character! Also, depending on what they do with T'Challa, we could get (at least temporarily) Shuri as the Panther, as well. Since she is next in line with T'Challa gone.

Ned - This is a rather strange one, to me, because you'd think it wouldn't be spoilers? But given that Peter should have been with Ned, and Ned should have known what happened to him, I have a feeling he survived, and he gets grilled by May. Possibly leading to May finding out that Peter is Spiderman, which would make things interesting for Homecoming 2, especially if Peter doesn't know that she knows, and keeps trying to hide it from her.

Interesting article on which [mostly] off-screen characters survived.

My thoughts:
Howard surviving I think is more of a gag, and confirming Loki being dead is what we already figured. Betty Ross I think we all figured wasn't coming back, either, and hadn't they already confirmed that Sif was killed off-screen around the time of Ragnarok?

Aunt May surviving I figured would happen, so that we can get the development of her dealing with Peter's disappearance. Nakia they didn't actually confirm, but I figure she's safe, too, to deal with T'Challa's disappearance.

Now, as for the "we can't say, they're spoilers" characters...

Jane - I thought Portman was done with the movies, but with Helmsworth's contract reportedly coming up, they could bring her around for Lady Thor in Phase 4. That would be pretty cool. And saying it's spoilers when everyone pretty much thought she was gone, that does bode well.

Korg/Miek - They were fun characters, and with Valkyrie confirmed to be alive with the rest of the Asgardians, they likely are/were with them. Since they're also space-faring characters, and we've been told that GotGv3 will have changes to the lineup, could they join the Guardians?

Shuri - Shuri had better survive, she's my favorite MCU character! Also, depending on what they do with T'Challa, we could get (at least temporarily) Shuri as the Panther, as well. Since she is next in line with T'Challa gone.

Ned - This is a rather strange one, to me, because you'd think it wouldn't be spoilers? But given that Peter should have been with Ned, and Ned should have known what happened to him, I have a feeling he survived, and he gets grilled by May. Possibly leading to May finding out that Peter is Spiderman, which would make things interesting for Homecoming 2, especially if Peter doesn't know that she knows, and keeps trying to hide it from her.

Well apparently Howard the Duck has a decent part in GOTG 3

Ugh, please no. I wish people would stop trying to make Howard the Duck a thing in the movies...

TOTALLY agree on this! In my opinion the one time I rolled my eyes in ANY of the Marvel movies was when they showed Howard the Duck at the end of Guardians. I even told my brother at the time if they make a movie about him that would be the first Marvel movie I would skip.

Late to the party but just got back from a Disney Cruise and was able to see this on the boat. I’m not well versed in all the Avengers and their backstory save for the Guardians, but I still found this to be great fun. Really an impressive ensemble technical achievement by the film makers.

"You're one sandwich away from being fat."

How does Marvel mix feels with funny so well, and the new Star Wars humor just make me cringe?
Marvel has better writers AND a better president. Marvel's house of ideas and talent pool must draw heavily on their comic book writers and comic history. And they have a Stan Lee... (a Hulk!)

Lucasfilm needs to borrow from that talent pool and throw Darth Kennedy down the Death Star shaft.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back