Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
The more I think about it... the fact that they made this movie work on ANY level is an amazing feat... 46 comic book characters...

TLJ HAS like 10 characters... 2 of which I cared about deeply! I am more sure now than I was before that THE LAST JEDI WAS A HORRIBLE MOVIE. People say that if you don’t like it you are sexist or racist... then a movie like this with all the strong women and MANY characters who aren’t white... YEP, TRY AGAIN DISNEY AND KK your movie was an emotionless waste of celluloid and/or digital space!!!This movie is going to break records. I know I’m going at least 2 more times! I will NEVER watch TLJ AGAIN.

Infinity wars1 NAILED IT. To all involved. BRAVO!!!!!!!

Ok, so where to even start?

The fact that they get right to it by killing 2 major characters? HOLY CRAP! Thanos is no joke.

I thought the movie was pretty much perfect with just a couple minor issues. The fact that they juggled so many characters is insane. There was never a dull moment. So much action from start to finish.

I have to admit, I felt for Thanos. Sometimes. He would show a soft sensitive side and then utterly do a 180 and kill someone or destroy something. This was definitely his story.

I'm glad he managed to collect all 6 stones and they didnt kill him. That would have been a waste. The use of the stones was insane. Especially the reality stone. That was cool. Didnt get to see him use the soul stone though. Would have been cool if he used it once to ressurect one of his Black Order members in front of everyone.

Speaking of the soul stone, that was a pretty insane way he had to get it. Wasn't expecting that.

There was loads of humor in this dark movie that didnt take away from the seriousness of it. Probably some of the funniest parts was the dialogue between Thor and Quill in the ship where Quill is mocking Thor, when Stark calls Strange a wizard, and the post credits scene when Nick Fury cussed right before disintegrating.

My major grip was when Thanos snapped his fingers after getting the mind stone. They cut to a dream/memory of him and baby Gamora. Imo that took away from the whole finger snap. It was a distraction. That could have been saved until the end when he was looking at the sunset. Maybe he closes his eyes and has that dream/memory.

We had a few issues in the theater. The sound went out for about a minute so they had to stop the movie, fix the sound, rewind it, and continue. Only took a few minutes though. We had some obnoxious Black Panther fans too. Every time he was on screen they'd scream, cheer, and make noises and just be obnoxious. The theater was getting pissed and telling them to shut up. It was interesting.

Ok, so where to even start?

The fact that they get right to it by killing 2 major characters? HOLY CRAP! Thanos is no joke.

I thought the movie was pretty much perfect with just a couple minor issues. The fact that they juggled so many characters is insane. There was never a dull moment. So much action from start to finish.

I have to admit, I felt for Thanos. Sometimes. He would show a soft sensitive side and then utterly do a 180 and kill someone or destroy something. This was definitely his story.

I'm glad he managed to collect all 6 stones and they didnt kill him. That would have been a waste. The use of the stones was insane. Especially the reality stone. That was cool. Didnt get to see him use the soul stone though. Would have been cool if he used it once to ressurect one of his Black Order members in front of everyone.

Speaking of the soul stone, that was a pretty insane way he had to get it. Wasn't expecting that.

There was loads of humor in this dark movie that didnt take away from the seriousness of it. Probably some of the funniest parts was the dialogue between Thor and Quill in the ship where Quill is mocking Thor, when Stark calls Strange a wizard, and the post credits scene when Nick Fury cussed right before disintegrating.

My major grip was when Thanos snapped his fingers after getting the mind stone. They cut to a dream/memory of him and baby Gamora. Imo that took away from the whole finger snap. It was a distraction. That could have been saved until the end when he was looking at the sunset. Maybe he closes his eyes and has that dream/memory.

We had a few issues in the theater. The sound went out for about a minute so they had to stop the movie, fix the sound, rewind it, and continue. Only took a few minutes though. We had some obnoxious Black Panther fans too. Every time he was on screen they'd scream, cheer, and make noises and just be obnoxious. The theater was getting pissed and telling them to shut up. It was interesting.

Man, I think you are not doing right with all these spoilers. At least, give an advise.

Man, I think you are not doing right with all these spoilers. At least, give an advise.

Name of thread: Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

Don't go into a thread for talking about a movie after it's come out, and expect people to not be talking about what happened in the movie.

Hang back and wait to see the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of wondering why Strange didnt just go back in time before Thanos got any stones and stopped him? Unless he knew that somehow doesnt work out, the way he knew he had to give up his stone.

Was it just me or was the CGI of Banners head sticking out of the 'suit' noticeably quite bad?? Really stood out during a pretty important scene. And did anyone else think Starks new suit was a bit of a cheap idea. They did the same thing in Terminator genisys and it kinda spoils the 'coolness' of his suit.

Overall i was a tad dissapointed with this movie. I was going in with such high expectations but it just felt unpolished to me. It was a good movie, dont get me wrong but i kinda left with the same feeling as after seeing justice league. I just cant put my finger on it but maybe it just seemed all a bit too 'expected' ie: the banter between characters etc. Maybe the pay off will be in the second movie as i know this was just the build up but too me i was hoping for a few more surprises.

And before you call me hater, yes i appreciate how difficult this movie would have been to make and im not saying it isnt worth seeing but for me id still rate this behind avengers 1 and 2 and civil war. thats just my 2 cents anyway.

I agree about the CG of actors heads... War Machine looked particularly bad at the end there too...

If you dont like this movie you need to get a CAT scan cause something is wrong with you. Extremely well done, couldnt believe how many people died at the end. The music was great, the humor didnt disappoint, and I thought the CG looked amazing, but I do agree, when Banner is in the armor at the very end, one shot is kind of weird but doesnt matter cause its over so soon. Really shocked at some of the people they chose to kill. If I had any qualms it would be the post credits scene. As a fan of the comic, I was REALLY hoping for Adam Warlock to show up, or have a tease or something. Instead we got stupid captain marvel.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree about the CG of actors heads... War Machine looked particularly bad at the end there too...
My opinion he looked bad without the CG, Cheadle looked so skinny, looked like something was wrong with him.

Kind of wondering why Strange didnt just go back in time before Thanos got any stones and stopped him? Unless he knew that somehow doesnt work out, the way he knew he had to give up his stone.

Strange said that he saw only one way among millions to win Thanos. May be.....

I really wasn’t upset at the end as, Almost all of these people have sequel contracts, and that would be to many people that died. As well as there being a sequel to this movie. I think it will all be fine in the end for most of the characters. Just a thought.

Matthew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back