Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
Anyone have any ideas how "Thor's magic belt" and Cap's new shield from Spider-Man Homecoming plays into Avengers 4?
YOU KNOW Marvel isn't going to drop a nugget that big and not follow up on it.

The aliens that came from the pods in Wakanda had a striking resemblance to the character Doppelganger from the Spider-man comics (except the skin texture).

Last edited:
The credits are literally rolling as I type this. I felt nothing. Neither did my wife. After all that build up and all that hype.

It wasn't the worst movie, but I know I will probably be in the minority on this one. To me there was nothing memorable about it. I've seen every Marvel movie and have enjoyed them all to some extent but I was not once moved emotionally by this. So half the universe dissolves into dust and not a single character, screams, cries, nothing. Nearly no emotional reaction.

This was a disappointment.

The credits are literally rolling as I type this. I felt nothing. Neither did my wife. After all that build up and all that hype.

It wasn't the worst movie, but I know I will probably be in the minority on this one. To me there was nothing memorable about it. I've seen every Marvel movie and have enjoyed them all to some extent but I was not once moved emotionally by this. So half the universe dissolves into dust and not a single character, screams, cries, nothing. Nearly no emotional reaction.

2j1hx7.jpg

I know what you mean. I didn't find the deaths emotionally moving in that usual/traditional way, but it was a WTF moment. Killing off so many of the heroes added to the depth of what Thanos had done that it was so random and no one was safe. From that angle they nailed it, I don't think that they were really shooting for the heart strings.

Except Spidey, that was sad:cry

I was expecting them to kill off either Captain America, Iron Man, or Thor. One of the big leads death would have had more of an impact on me. Though I know that Infinity War part 2 will bring all the people that did die back, most likely with the time stone.

I don’t think suspense requires the viewer to believe they’re truly dead.
I’ve enjoyed decades of Bond films but not once did I ever think he was going to actually die.

I don’t think suspense requires the viewer to believe they’re truly dead.
I’ve enjoyed decades of Bond films but not once did I ever think he was going to actually die.

Doesn't always require it. But isn't that why we call them spoilers, because knowing whats coming ruins the build up so we try to avoid them to maximise the experience.

Imagine if they announced the next Bond was the last one ever and managed to keep any leaks from getting out. You would be on the edge of your seat a whole lot more for that one than for previous movies.

I mean it would be pretty foolish of me to think they wouldn't bring the dead back to life in some capacity even having a cursory knowledge of comic book history. The problem is that the performances of the actors barely having reactions to watching their friends literally crumble to dust right in front of their eyes took me right out of the movie. If the characters don't seem to be affected by this then I have a hard time caring too. Tony Stark barely mentions bring crushed that he may never see Potts again and doesn't appear to shed a tear when Peter Parker dissolves in his arms.

Everyone's performances were just so flat to me. I would have enjoyed more backstory with Thanos as well. Perhaps not in this movie but in previous installments. Sure he had cameos but I never once feared him as a character. After 10 years of movies and all of that build up I expected far more.

I mean it would be pretty foolish of me to think they wouldn't bring the dead back to life in some capacity even having a cursory knowledge of comic book history. The problem is that the performances of the actors barely having reactions to watching their friends literally crumble to dust right in front of their eyes took me right out of the movie. If the characters don't seem to be affected by this then I have a hard time caring too. Tony Stark barely mentions bring crushed that he may never see Potts again and doesn't appear to shed a tear when Peter Parker dissolves in his arms.

Everyone's performances were just so flat to me. I would have enjoyed more backstory with Thanos as well. Perhaps not in this movie but in previous installments. Sure he had cameos but I never once feared him as a character. After 10 years of movies and all of that build up I expected far more.
Dude, what the hell did you expect though? Im sorry man but youre just wrong about this movie. I know, everyone spare me the "its my opinion crap" but youre wrong. This movie was freakin amazing.

But seriously, what were you expecting?

I think you're wrong but to each their own. I was expecting the acting to be better. I know I'm in the minority on this one and I'm fine with that. I just didn't like it, that's all. I'm glad everyone else seemed to love it. I just feel differently.

Last edited:
I think you're wrong but to each their own. I was expecting the acting to be better. I know I'm in the minority on this one and I'm fine with that. I just didn't like it, that's all. I'm glad everyone else seemed to love it. I just feel differently.
:rolleyes ARe you typically contrarian? Im not trying to be rude or anything, Im genuinely asking. Because you are literally the only person I "know" that didnt enjoy the hell out of this movie. Even my grandma enjoyed it and she is 80 :lol

No I am not typically contrarian. :lol I'm laughing as I type that because the irony of that answer is absurd. In all seriousness though I'm not one of those people who hates everything just because everyone else loves it. I have a friend who is like that and he's a good friend mind you, but I take his opinions on movies and such with a grain of salt so believe me when I say that I get where you're coming from.

I didn't hate this movie. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would and that was a disappointment. For the record your grandma is wrong too! :lol I kidd. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it and it's pretty awesome that you got her to see a comic book movie. Most grandparents I know wouldn't have much interest in the genre so your grandmother must be pretty cool!

I, for one, liked very much the reactions from the remaining survivors, it didn’t look flat at all to me, just pure confusion and shock. None of them could process what just happened. A bit like the audience when I watched it in theatre. It fell into a deep silence, while the audience was also processing what just happened. Having them cry or something would have been just melo dramatic. Watch it again, look at the faces of Black Panther’s bodyguard as she sees her king just disappear, pure confusion, same with Steve and Bucky. Tony just seem to hang on to his sanity by a thread as he realizes what’s happening, and his PTSD just goes ballistic. The only stoic one was nebula, but she’s a cyborg and most likely did not give a crap about anybody else other than Gamora, and even then it’s not sadness but just rage.

Perhaps seeing it in a theater with other fans would have made more of an impression on me. I streamed it at home with the Mrs.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back