Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
Ok now that I've seen it twice, I do have 2 gripes that I've thought about quite a bit.

1. I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I was slightly disappointed that the permanent deaths didn't move me as much as I was hoping they would.

I was bummed to see Loki killed, but I didn't really feel anything other than "oh no, that sucks", which is a shame because I've always been a fan of him. Gamora was even more of a bummer, since I really like her. I had a feeling she would be killed, but even when she was, it just didn't move me to full on tears like Yondu's death did. She and Peter just got together and I wanted more of them, but then we're all robbed of that. I wanted to really feel the impact there. The only one that really got me was Peter Parker, and even then I knew he wasn't gone forever.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I wish the real deaths moved me more than the turned-into-ash-but-they'll-be-back deaths did.

2. Captain America was severely underused in this movie. He has like 3 lines and such a small role, that I almost forgot he's even in it. And that is not okay with me because Cap is my favorite hero. I'm holding out hope that he was sidelined in this one because he'll have his time to shine in A4.

Last edited:
Was it? I know that this is a two-part story because I'm into this sort of thing, but point me to some marketing that explicitly states that this is part one of two.

Even the end only says that Thanos will return. Not "To be concluded...". I feel like the marketing hasn't really pointed out that fact, although it went right by me because I've been operating for the past few years on the knowledge that IW was coming in two-parts.

When you say "A LOT" of audiences seem to be unaware that part two is coming next Summer, to me, that would indicate that it hasn't really been effectively communicated.
Well I suppose MCU fans, which I thought was everyone who went this weekend, knew long ago that Feige held a presentation that included both IW part 1 for 2018 and IW2 for 2019 and the announcement of Captain Marvel, too. It was all over the Internet and in front of a large audience.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well I suppose MCU fans, which I thought was everyone who went this weekend, knew long ago that Feige held a presentation that included both IW part 1 for 2018 and IW2 for 2019 and the announcement of Captain Marvel, too. It was all over the Internet and in front of a large audience.

Except for folks like me who went on complete info lockdown months ago. Last thing I heard was the Russo’s backing away from the part 1&2 announcement and saying IW was going to be a “standalone” film.

Guess I'm in the minority; I thought it was entertaining, but other than that it was ok.
I don't get the emotional reaction to the loss of characters as there's no real stakes here. Everyone will be coming back as the characters who disappeared have sequels to make.

Yeah that's what kinda killed the ending for me. I think it's a good ending and it was well done, but at the same time it has no meaning because you know most of the characters will come back. I haven't seen Black Panther yet, and the whole Wakanda thing did not work for me in IW. For people who missed more movies of the franchise IW won't really work and if you are interested in the MCU and watched all movies and know what is coming next, the ending won't really work. But it is a great movie.

We just got home and man... I need time to process. I was definitely NOT prepared for the amount of feelings I would have during this movie. I don't care if you know there's a sequel to Homecoming on its way, if you don't get choked up by Peter pleading with Tony to somehow help him, you have no heart.

This movie fired on all cylinders and was absolutely amazing... but now I feel like I have to have difficult, potentially spoiler-ific conversations with friends at work who have small children that love these characters.

We just got home and man... I need time to process. I was definitely NOT prepared for the amount of feelings I would have during this movie. I don't care if you know there's a sequel to Homecoming on its way, if you don't get choked up by Peter pleading with Tony to somehow help him, you have no heart.

This movie fired on all cylinders and was absolutely amazing... but now I feel like I have to have difficult, potentially spoiler-ific conversations with friends at work who have small children that love these characters.
”... I don’t want to go ...”.

Holy hell.

Very entertaining. Didn't feel like a long movie, even with the long run time. Lots of action. I loved the Thor and Rocket scenes, what a great pair. I wanted more Captain America. My only real complaint was Stark's new nano tech Ironman suit. It felt a like a Green Lantern suit, whatever Stark thought of it did.

In the post credit stinger when Fury dropped the weird-looking pager, I thought it might have been the Ultimate Nullifier.

In the post credit stinger when Fury dropped the weird-looking pager, I thought it might have been the Ultimate Nullifier.
Good call!

Hoping to see the FF done justice in the future under the Disney banner. So much awsomeness could be done with Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus... this could be a great post Infinity Wars story line and build up to future events.

I agree, I didn’t care for the nano tech suit. Basically there were no limitations on what it could do.
Absolutely. I've hated iron Man suits for a while now. They're as grounded in reality as the bayformers.

And I really wish he would keep Stark tech away from Peter parker

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Am the only one who thinks of gungans and battle droids every time I see a big battle on the feilds of wakanda?

They even have big blue force sheilds.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Agreed, I think the main issue will be that they killed off the Guardians and Spiderman,characters who are generally beloved by kids. I think Spiderman definitely a lot more, his death will be the hardest for many to watch when they see the film.

Guess I'm in the minority; I thought it was entertaining, but other than that it was ok.
I don't get the emotional reaction to the loss of characters as there's no real stakes here. Everyone will be coming back as the characters who disappeared have sequels to make.

I attached nothing meaningful or emotional to anyone’s death. I left the theater entertained but certainly not wowed. The best part was Thanos having a real personality. The fight scenes went on for far too long as usual. This movie’s final rating will have to wait for the sequel.

Last edited:
I attached nothing meaningful or emotional to anyone’s death. I left the theater entertained but certainly not wowed. The best part was Thanos having a real personality. The fight scenes went on for far too long as usual. This movie’s final rating will have to wait for the sequel.

This is not the movie to get attached to any hero or get to know any character except Thanos. There were 18 prior movies for us to get to know the heroes.

If the battles were shorter they would not be able to give every character their moments. Also, it does happen to be called Infinity War. What did you expect with a title like that?

How did some of the stones go from fine gems to rough rocks all of a sudden? The power stone was a fine cut gem in GOTG. The mind stone was also a fine cut gem with a diamond shape. How did it become so large and round?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back