Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
One thing I'll point out is that we get a whole bunch of people-disintegrating scenes running over many minutes when, in actuality, it's all happening mostly simultaneously (exception being Spider-Man's healing factor drawing his out, and if you thought Tony had no emotional reaction to that, I can't help you). In the movie we don't have time for anyone to react beyond initial stunned disbelief. I expect a lot of reactions in Avengers 4.

Tom Holland was great. I just didn't care much for Stark's reaction. The other thing that bothered me is that Strange explicitly said earlier in the movie that if it came down to it he would let Peter and Tony both die if it meant that he could prevent giving the stone to Thanos. When Stark is stabbed with his own weapon Strange suddenly caves and gives the stone up. I wasn't buying it. Though I will admit that may be answered in the sequel.

Last edited:
One thing I'll point out is that we get a whole bunch of people-disintegrating scenes running over many minutes when, in actuality, it's all happening mostly simultaneously (exception being Spider-Man's SPIDER-SENSE drawing his out, and if you thought Tony had no emotional reaction to that, I can't help you). In the movie we don't have time for anyone to react beyond initial stunned disbelief. I expect a lot of reactions in Avengers 4.

Fixed that for you:. SPIDER-SENSE

Yeah I enjoyed the first Avengers much more when I saw it in the theater vs. seeing it again at home a few months later. People were literally howling with laughter when Hulk rag dolled Loki. Still a great moment though. Lol.

Tom Holland was great. I just didn't care much for Stark's reaction. The other thing that bothered me is that Strange explicitly said earlier in the movie that if it came down to it he would let Peter and Tony both die if it meant that he could prevent giving the stone to Thanos. When Stark is stabbed with his own weapon Strange suddenly caves and gives the stone up. I wasn't buying it. Though I will admit that may be answered in the sequel.
That was before he looked into the time stream and found out the one outcome to beat Thanos.

But yeah, seeing it in the theater with other fans definitely makes a difference. At the first Avengers with the post credit scene showing Thanos, I lost my damn mind. So did the other nerds in the theater.

43154597_10160826244910576_126675688118812672_n.jpg

In other news, at the ACE Comic Con in Chicago last weekend, Tom Hiddleston was surprisingly evasive about whether Loki's dead, and Elizabeth Olsen said, of Avengers 4, "it's going to get much worse." So impatient...

Since the Infinity gauntlet was shown in the first Thor movie (later revealed to be a fake in Ragnarok), how is it that Thor seems to know nothing about it's origin when he visits the forge to get Stormbreaker made?

Clan and I were watching the end of the movie and, when it was over, Clan turned to me and said "Hey, what if Korg is how Tony Stark and Nebula get off of Thanos' home planet? Like he zooms in and is like "I'm Korg, this is my friend Miek, and it looks like you've been having as bad a day as we have. Want a lift?""

I want this to is to be canon so bad now. :lol

Okay, but imagine having that devastating ending and then just completely shattering the mood with that in the last two seconds, confusing the viewers... oh man.

In all seriousness, I would love that for Avengers 4 though.

I believe nebula has her own ship on titan. And stark will bring her back to earth. Or thor bifrost them home. And wicked upfrades/collaboration with shuri in wakanda... I can't wait for avengers 4

The recent screening of the movie was rumored to have it, but no trailer was released. Kevin Feige had mentioned sometime end of 2018, so anytime in December is likely. Though I am guessing it would be during the Christmas week.

Fact: Disney Doesn't Need to Market Avengers 4 | CBR
Frankly I would be fine if they don't showcase any major footage until May. It would be a unique approach to marketing the film. This above article by CBR really makes the case for it.

Captain Marvel Is Avengers 4's Ultimate Marketing Tool | CBR
I like the suggestion in the above article on how even the title for Avengers 4 could be held off until the credits of Captain Marvel.

Last edited:
From what I've read on another forum that I'm a member of, the first trailer (likely just a teaser) for Avengers 4 will be released tomorrow morning!

Oh and surprisingly I've also heard/read that the (sub)title for the movie will not be revealed in the trailer tomorrow, which doesn't bother me too much, but is a bit strange o_O

Yeah new reports indicate Avengers 4 teaser is expected tomorrow on Friday. While Sony will premiere the trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home at CCXP in Brazil this weekend.

You know, everyone keeps blaming Starlord for what happened. But the fact is that Dr. Strange is at fault. He saw all possible outcomes, and knew that Starlord being told about Gamora would have caused how things played out, yet he didn't tell anyone about it. Seriously, if they really wanted to win, Strange could have told Starlord about Gamora's death, or told everyone how Gamora's death would in turn set Starlord to muck things up. That would have given him a chance to get his anger out and then get focused on stopping Thanos (exactly like how he had his brief outburst and then got focused on saving the galaxy from Ego in GOTG, Vol. 2) or would have allowed the team to cornering Starlord to sit out the fight as a backup in case something went wrong.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back