Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
Let me start by saying I loved the movie. It was so different and powerful. Loved it.

But........

We know some "dead" characters will return. But we also know that there will probably be "sacrifices" in order to do so. My question is, why does every TV show and movie have to do this crap now? Why do they all feel the need to kill characters to give them a proper sendoff or add shock value? I'd love to see Cap decide he was done and have his super soldier serum counteracted and live out his days as an old, happy man. That'd be a proper sendoff in my eyes.

I didn't like it very much upon first leaving the theater, since I felt like it relied to much on setting up Avengers 4, but the more I think about it the more it grows on me. The ending is unlike anything the MCU has done. The heroes lost, the villain won. No happy ending. Half of our Avengers are gone (for now), and Loki and Vision and Gamora are likely gone forever. Damn. As much as it felt like only "half a movie" at times I really dug how it used every minute of screen-time to its max potential to make Thanos the best villain the MCU has to offer. So excited for next May.

I honestly thought Thanos was one of the best MCU characters in the film.

I also wonder what Wong is doing. I have hilarious images of him just trying to patch up the sanctum, being annoyed he still has no money and will eventually come back to do something.

I’m wondering if Captain Marvel is set in the 90’s and we haven’t heard of her before, did something change? I wonder if Nick sent a message back in time to CM. I mean he did it with a modified old school pager.

Well, since she gets her powers from the Kree champion, I figure by the end of her movie she heads out into space. I want to know who that was lying in the back seat when Nick opened the door and grabbed the burned space-pager.

The colorless Vision had to be a nod to the West Coast Avengers Vision

background.jpg

Well, since she gets her powers from the Kree champion, I figure by the end of her movie she heads out into space. I want to know who that was lying in the back seat when Nick opened the door and grabbed the burned space-pager.

This is what I've been assuming, and she'd connect with the Guardians. But I don't know that old pager would connect to deep space... and also, wouldn't he have called her in during the first invasion?

I really liked the movie. Many great scenes and moments. Red Skull got an awesome crowd reaction. I dunno if it was Weaving playing him, because we got Weavings original synchronisation voice. The end was kinda ok with me and it kinda sucked, just because the schedule for the upcoming sequels isn't a secret. So they reverse it anyway.

What I really didn't like, which I hate in most movies, but IW really brought it to a whole new level is this stupid 3D-****. The effects suck, like in 99.9% of all movies avaiable in 3D. I did not want to see IW in 3D but got forced to do so, because every ****ing cinema shows the 2D version only at times like monday afternoon...
This 3D-nonsense, like the vegan lifestyle, has to stop.

I saw it last night and loved it. And I'm normally pretty critical.

But the crazy thing was I think I was the only one who knew it was divided into two films.

When the ending happened, the theatre erupted into people shouting and booing. I heard people yelling "wakanda forever" and "we want our money back"

Everyone seriously lost it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Just got back from the theater, and while I enjoyed myself, I have to admit to being let down. I was prepared for an intense experience as I watched some of my favorite characters give their lives in battle. The only real deaths were Loki, Heimdal, and Gamora (and I felt for each of them). The rest turned just turned to nothingness. No sacrifice... no meaning to their "deaths". Just disappeared. Peter Parker was the only one that made me feel anything. Even Vision's "essence" was probably downloaded when he was in the lab. I don't get how people were crying at this movie... the only emotion I felt was disappointment.

With the time stone, we've already seen time rolled back so that Thanos could get to Vision, so we know there is a way back. All the hype leading up to this movie seems to have been a giant tease. I'm still looking forward to the next movie, but I thought Marvel built this up to be something and then pulled the rug from under our feet.

My prediction is the the solution to this will be something out of the B-plot in the captain marvel movie. It takes place in the 90's so it's a prequel to all this

I saw it last night and loved it. And I'm normally pretty critical.

But the crazy thing was I think I was the only one who knew it was divided into two films.
Well, even though it was initially announced as a two parter the Russos later misdirected announcing that each film would "stand alone." It fooled me into thinking it's no longer a two parter. So I was fooled.

And I'm glad they did because I think there would have been much less suspense if I knew it was going to be continued in another movie.

When the ending happened, the theatre erupted into people shouting and booing. I heard people yelling "wakanda forever" and "we want our money back"

Everyone seriously lost it.

Geez. I had folks only stunned by what they saw but nobody complained in my crowd.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back