Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
So I wonder why the change from the shot on the trailer of the Hulk running with the group in Wakanda becoming a lack of hulk and just piloting the Hulkbuster instead....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So I wonder why the change from the shot on the trailer of the Hulk running with the group in Wakanda becoming a lack of hulk and just piloting the Hulkbuster instead....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think the inference is that the Hulk , having had his ass kicked by Thanos in the beginning , was suffering a crisis of confidence and as such was reluctant to reappear and "Hulk Smash!!!!" It came over more "Hulk Sulk" in the film and the Smeagol/Gollum like conversation was one of the very few things that didn't work well for me, also because the Hulk buster suit seemed one of the weaker elements of the CGI in the movie. There were a couple of things changed from the trailers to the movie that were really just clever misdirection, like Thor : Ragnorak.

PS : Thank God Marvel listened to the advice they were given by RDJ and everyone about the dangers of NOT releasing this at the same time in the US as the rest of the world. Can you imagine the absolute ****storm that would have caused, given what happened if they had had to wait?

Last edited:
I understand all of the contracts ending, but can they really keep these big characters dead? Or are they just going to be "comic book dead?"

If you really think they are going to stay dead, who do you think will survive and ride off into the sunset after IW2?

I understand all of the contracts ending, but can they really keep these big characters dead? Or are they just going to be "comic book dead?"

If you really think they are going to stay dead, who do you think will survive and ride off into the sunset after IW2?

The deaths in IW1 are meaningless to the MCU as a whole, beyond being plot points for the IW movies.

At the end of IW2, they'll have defeated the big bad, and likely have 6 infinity stones at their disposal. Any actors that had their characters die in this film or the next film will be back to life for as many sequels as they want. To me, that's kind of the biggest let down of SO many characters dying, is you realistically know that most if not all of them will be brought back by the end of IW2.

But that's just comic books. We need the ability to have heroes lose, in order to tell stories that have any semblance of meaning. But we need the ability to re-boot/resurrect characters to tell new stories. That's just the way it works.

The deaths in IW1 are meaningless to the MCU as a whole, beyond being plot points for the IW movies.

At the end of IW2, they'll have defeated the big bad, and likely have 6 infinity stones at their disposal. Any actors that had their characters die in this film or the next film will be back to life for as many sequels as they want. To me, that's kind of the biggest let down of SO many characters dying, is you realistically know that most if not all of them will be brought back by the end of IW2.

But that's just comic books. We need the ability to have heroes lose, in order to tell stories that have any semblance of meaning. But we need the ability to re-boot/resurrect characters to tell new stories. That's just the way it works.
I reckon the ones who survived will be the ones to sacrifice themselves to bring back the ones who already died in the next one.

Sent from my BLU LIFE MARK using Tapatalk

yea, I expect something along those lines. A number of additional heroes will die off in #2, then in the process of defeating thanos and returning the others to life, one or more characters will die in a manner preventing them from being returned ("If we bring them back, it rewinds to when half the Galaxy was dead." or "They brought the others back and died in the process of destroying the infinity stones").

I expect Cap will be the main player in that. Possibly Nebula, since she despises Thanos so much, and would want her sister to come back.

any ways. they'll tell the story, it'll be a fun ride, and then some number of Marvel Movies will continue to be made afterwards.

Any idea why Cap's costume had the star ripped off? I dont recall that happening to any previous suit.

I think the inference is that the Hulk , having had his ass kicked by Thanos in the beginning , was suffering a crisis of confidence and as such was reluctant to reappear and "Hulk Smash!!!!" It came over more "Hulk Sulk" in the film and the Smeagol/Gollum like conversation was one of the very few things that didn't work well for me, also because the Hulk buster suit seemed one of the weaker elements of the CGI in the movie. There were a couple of things changed from the trailers to the movie that were really just clever misdirection, like Thor : Ragnorak.

Yeah, Banner is suffering from aHulktile Dysfunction . . . You need some pills bro!:lol

I think the soul stone will be used to bring back most of the dead characters. A soul for a soul. Maybe Stark, Cap, Thor, and 1 or 2 more sacrifice themselves for the souls stone to bring back others like Spiderman, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch, etc.

Also did anyone else notice the Infinity Gauntlet was SEVERELY damaged after Thanos snapped his fingers? Maybe it couldn't handle the power? Maybe it's a one off, in which he can only do it once?

Strange made several confident statements about the outcome. After he used the time stone to go through millions of scenarios he was confident on the one plan they went with. He didn't try at all or say anything to stop Quill from doing what he did. Then after Thanos gets away Strange says to Tony "We're in the end game now." THEN while everyone is dissolving (including himself) he says to Tony "I'm sorry Tony, this was the only way." To me it makes it obvious that what happened was according to plan.

And yes. The gauntlet and his left arm were jacked up after he used it at the end.

I think they'll use the power of the gauntlet\stones to bring back all the people that disintegrated and also Gamora. Heimdall, Loki, and anyone who dies in part 2 will be permanently gone, though.

Was it just me or was the CGI of Banners head sticking out of the 'suit' noticeably quite bad?? Really stood out during a pretty important scene.
Yup. Banner is behind everyone, and yet his head is bigger than theirs.
And did anyone else think Starks new suit was a bit of a cheap idea. They did the same thing in Terminator genisys and it kinda spoils the 'coolness' of his suit.

Yeah I'm not big on nano suits. Not that any of them are physically possible, but this just stretches supsension of disbelief, and just makes it too easy to write in it doing anything at all. Extra floaty bits or spider legs that come out of nowhere? Not a fan.

I should add I really liked the film, since my first statements were in support of a negative.

edit:
The strategy in Wakanda was very flawed. Sure you want to remove the stone without killing Vision, but hey, let's allow what, hundreds? of Wakandans to die stalling for time. Vision would be the first to say, nah, just tear it out, whatever happens to me happens.

Last edited:
There needs to be a poll choice named "HOLY $%!& my mind was officially blown" because that's exactly how I felt when I walked out of the theater. I can't believe the Russo Bros. were able to put that many characters on screen and make it work. Funny as hell, shocking beyond belief and the best spectacle I've seen in recent memory. I don't know what they have in store for Avengers 4 next summer, but it's going to be tough to top this. I give it two very big :thumbsup :thumbsup

And also I feel it’s actually Thanos’ movie, he is the main character here, and probably the best vilain in all of Marvel’s history.

Well, in all of the earlier movies, it was always "[titular character] will return". In this one, they clearly said "Thanos will return".

That was fantastic. A villain you feel for? Crazy. That was just a well told story. I dug the return of the guy that watched over the soul stone. That was a nice surprise.

Who was that guy? I kept feeling like I should know him, but I couldn't place him.

Probably just to hide that it wasn't Hulk fighting. Also, people might think it was Tony there.

So the ending signal to Captain Marvel?......

That was so awesome in my theater... half the audience knew exactly what it was, and the other half were going "what's that?"

Woah...I've never been more utterly speechless at the end of a film. I had no words all the way through the end of the credits.

That was intense. Thanos scared the ***** out of me from the very beginning, and never let up. What an emotional ride! And I smell an Oscar in Tom Holland's future..."Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good" had me in tears. As a massive fan of these movies and characters, the ending of this film was incredibly hard to watch. I know that most of those that died will somehow come back in A4, but still. I just can't believe how brutal it was! It really makes you feel how high the stakes are...

It certainly moves along at a breakneck speed, which was exhilarating. I did think a lot of the CGI was iffy, like the Black Order looked more like a video game cinematic rather than the photo-real CGI Thanos, which was a little distracting. Also, the movie is definitely weird on its own in a narrative sense. This story will have to be seen in its entirety for complete judgment. I was just so surprised at the ending since part of me thought they'd tie everything up in this one. Boy was I wrong...I'm just glad they did the Mad Titan justice.

I'm still processing everything I saw.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back