Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
So, while wrestling with my computer, trying to get my virtual workspace to load so I can do my job, I was thinking about the Mind stone.

Specifically, Bruce's theory that Vision might be able to survive without the stone because he's a construct that consists not only of what the Mind stone brought to the table, but also elements of Bruce himself, Tony's personality, and JARVIS, in addition to his own development as a being since his "birth". So, that got me to thinking... if Vision has evolved from what the mind stone made him, what if its admittedly intimate connection with Vision did, in turn, change the stone in some way. To whit, what if there's a little bit of Vision that survived within the stone, and what if that bit of Vision is able to influence the stone's abilities and, through it, the other stones as well?

It's kind of an -out there- theory, admittedly, but it's no crazier than anything else that happened in the course of the movie, I think.

I keep away from news and speculation so maybe this has been covered but, is it possible that Thanos might not even be in Avengers 4 and that everything will be about recovery of reality from the damage done? That would be consistent with the Russos statements that these are stand-alone movies. This way they can also preserve Thanos for a future confrontation.

I keep away from news and speculation so maybe this has been covered but, is it possible that Thanos might not even be in Avengers 4 and that everything will be about recovery of reality from the damage done? That would be consistent with the Russos statements that these are stand-alone movies. This way they can also preserve Thanos for a future confrontation.
It said in the credits "Thanos will return" so I assume he is going to be in the next one. But who knows. I cant wait. Thats how the infinity war comic ends though, with him on a farm thinking about how its ok that he isnt a supreme being, that he wasnt :meant" to wield the power of the gauntlet etc. So who knows. I do hope though that the snap didnt break the infinity stones, just the gauntlet. Cause that would suck.

It said in the credits "Thanos will return" so I assume he is going to be in the next one. But who knows. I cant wait. Thats how the infinity war comic ends though, with him on a farm thinking about how its ok that he isnt a supreme being, that he wasnt :meant" to wield the power of the gauntlet etc. So who knows. I do hope though that the snap didnt break the infinity stones, just the gauntlet. Cause that would suck.

I thought of that too after my first viewing, but second time I made sure to look, and yeah all the stones were still glowing. That probably means that they can only be wielded individually and not as a set.

I'm wondering if we're going to see some weirdness inside Soul World. I was thinking about it this morning and had some realizations... Wanda and Pietro aren't mutants, per se, in the MCU (they might have some sort of Inhuman genetic predisposition that allowed them to survive Strucker's experiments). They got their abilities from the Mind Stone. All of the Stones, while unique, are connected, in some way. Wanda's powers have the same general "look" as the Aether. What if she's been attuned to the Reality Stone to some small (compared to the Stone's full might) degree? What if Pietro's power came from the Space or Time Stone? Visions likely in there, too, due to his connection to the Mind Stone. And, of course, Strange. Quill wielded the Power Stone. And Gamora was sacrificed to the Soul Stone...

That's at least five Stones represented there. Leaving out Pietro. Stark synthesized a conduit to the Tesseract back in Iron Man 2, and presumably every reactor he's made since. An argument could be made for all the Hydra/S.H.I.E.L.D. weapons, too.

I don't really have anywhere I'm going with that, but it makes me think, and I can't help but feel it's no coincidence.

I'm confused...in the first trailer we see Hulk running,charging onto battle with the Avengers and Wakandan army....but instead we see Banner operate the HulkBuster...

In the second trailer...Stark mentioned about using Infinity stones, Mind and Time stones against Thanos....but that didn't happen..."We got one advantage. He's coming to us. We have what Thanos wants. So that's what we'll use."

Why is this?

I'm confused...in the first trailer we see Hulk running,charging
onto battle with the Avengers and Wakandan army....but instead we see Banner operate the HulkBuster...

In the second trailer...Stark mentioned about using Infinity stones, Mind and Time stones against Thanos....but that didn't happen..."We got one advantage. He's coming to us. We have what Thanos wants. So that's what we'll use."

Why is this?

First they lie in movie trailers !! Get used to it they won't stop anytime soon !
Although.
Stark did say something like that to strange on there way to Titan ...

They would have used the infinity stones BUT..... Plans change with the needs of the battle.

Vision got stuck with a magic bad Juju blade right out the gate and from then on they were basically just trying to figure a way to save his life . So there is the mind stone down !

Then Strange used his good Juju powers to look at millions of ways to fight Thanos and only one way worked out for our heroes . Apparently it involves giving Thanos the Time stone rather than try to use it against him .

I'm confused...in the first trailer we see Hulk running,charging onto battle with the Avengers and Wakandan army....but instead we see Banner operate the HulkBuster...

Why is this?
I think Feige and the Russos have come to appreciate that fans will deconstruct trailers frame by frame to tease out spoiler material. I think they selectively design trailers to give us a sense of the story without giving up critical information. They couldn't show any of the Hulk footage because his only real appearance was when he was whooped by Thanos and that would be a spoiler. They couldn't leave him out because everyone would be commenting why the Hulk didn't appear in the trailer and would have the impression that he was taken out of the plot at some point.

Does it adversely affect your experience when a couple of lines in the trailer weren't in the movie?

I thought I read Banner was originally successful in bringing forth Hulk during the Wakanda battle, but it was changed very late in the game. So the trailer might not have been intentionally misleading in that respect.

I'm also still not convinced that Vision was that weak and vulnerable...We've seen how strong, powerful, and invincible he is during events of Civil War

It was true all this time

IMG_20180509_173952_533.jpg

Why is this?

I think Feige and the Russos have come to appreciate that fans will deconstruct trailers frame by frame to tease out spoiler material. I think they selectively design trailers to give us a sense of the story without giving up critical information. They couldn't show any of the Hulk footage because his only real appearance was when he was whooped by Thanos and that would be a spoiler. They couldn't leave him out because everyone would be commenting why the Hulk didn't appear in the trailer and would have the impression that he was taken out of the plot at some point.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/avengers-infinity-ending-1202789363/amp/

Called it.

”... (Joe Russo) adds that misdirection was employed in the marketing of the film to keep the brand’s very loyal and savvy audience from sniffing out what he and his brother were up to. Trailers, for instance, seemed to indicate that mainstays like Captain America and Iron Man might exit stage left, but along with the other members of the original Avengers team (Thor, Bruce Banner/Hulk, and Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow), they live to fight another day.”

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back