Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
Gee. Nobody else posted since my last post? I guess I should expect only survivors in this thread.

Wait ... did anyone feel a sudden chill? I could have sworn I felt a presence...

I'm confused. This topic might have been addressed already...but why does the Hulk not wanna come out? Is he afraid after being overpowered by Thanos? Is he scared of Cull Obsidian too?

I wonder if Hulk and Bruce Banner will split into two separate beings in Avengers 4. They don't seem to be as one anymore.

I'm confused. Vision seemed very vulnerable and weak. Yes they were going after the mind stone, ending his life....but we've seen how strong, powerful, and invincible he can be...

Why is this?

Glaive’s blade (the green goblin looking fellow) is somewhat special, it keeps vision from phasing through stuff. After that nasty surprise stab, I think he never quite recovered. But mostly the plot demanded it I guess...

They didn't fix him no. He arrived in Wakanda clutching his side and kept doing so throughout the film. They prioritised the stone rather than his health. Which is more of a plot thing than a logical thing.

He's not actually invincible?

I Guess love made him weak ?

Like 'Ol Jack Burton used to say ....

When the heavens a shakin' ......
I was thinking the exact same thing.

78nvDEY.gif

The film is great, the following is a general gripe about the series.

I don't care about Scarlet Witch. I know nothing about her in the comics, but in this film series she is bland, boring, uninteresting. Adds nothing except a minor love interest subplot for Vision. There was no need to add her or her twin. He was just as humdrum, and I didn't care when he died. The tragedy of that event we were supposed to feel was unearned.

I don't remember the last time I ever felt the need to go watch a movie in theaters a second time, but I really want to see this again and I'm likely going to. Never have I enjoyed a [strike]Marvel[/strike] superhero movie as much as I enjoyed Infinity War. :D

comments and minor 'complaint'
Thor kicked ass in this movie. Finally. This Thor is what I always wanted to see from Thor and I only realized through this movie that he has quite a tragic story that's DCu worthy. It was just done in a way that's subtle. He lost his mother, his father, his girlfriend, his best friends, his home planet, his eye, his hammer, his girlfriend, and his brother. He lost everything. I really liked the emotion he displayed in the scene between him and Rocket. Visibly emotional over everything he's gone through but still tries hard to maintain his bravado.

Iron Man also kicked ass. It felt very different this time because I think the stakes have finally been great enough for Iron Man to really give it his all. He struggles through it. They all do. And I really enjoyed seeing that. I liked that Drax as a comic relief character is back on the level of GotG1 - that's funny because he's a serious literal person who makes you laugh for being the way he is. He was overkill in 2. He also had his moments to shine and made me think he provides a necessary strength in the fight against Thanos.

I didn't want it to end, but when it did, everyone in the auditorium went "WHAT?!" lol

The only thing I thought could've been improved was Banner in the Hulkbuster cgi near the end – I think it's when they're all around Vision. The helmet part of the Hulkbuster was off, revealing part of Banner's upper torso. It looked so fake, so poorly done in comparison to everything else. It took me out the movie for a bit.

I don't care about Scarlet Witch. There was no need to add her or her twin. He was just as humdrum, and I didn't care when he died. The tragedy of that event we were supposed to feel was unearned.
They were in the movie to expand the Avengers roster because they're Avengers. Your gripe has everything to do with how bad of a movie Age of Ultron was. It's considered one of the terrible Marvel movies by many - myself included. I understand your gripe against Scarlett Witch in this movie. She hasn't been made very useful yet.

Saw it today. I have personally not been sucked into the marvel films
like a lot of my friends have been. I usually find them not worthy of a second watching. But this one was really good. And now I am excited for what comes next.

OK. Loved it. My boys loved it. Took my wife who really hasn't seen any of the Marvel movies. She liked it but said "It was too much movie"

It was a tremendous amount of movie. WOW!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back